Current Walmart Player Prices

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Home Media Magazine | $298 BD Player at Wal-Mart

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Walt Disney Co. chairman and CEO Bob Iger said a $300 Blu-ray Disc player would boost the format, and Wal-Mart has granted his wish.

The long-rumored $298 Magnavox player (NB500MG9) has hit shelves at the discounter, along with a $348 Samsung player (BD-P1500/XAA) and a $388 Sony player (BDPS300). The older profile players don’t offer all the bells and whistles but may mollify Blu-ray price critics.
[/FONT]
Online they have the Magnavox for $298, S300 for $386 and the PS3 for $399(with a $100 gift card).

Only reason I left it out is its not been announced nationally( not that Ive seen). But thats a good deal too (IMHO). I think itd be better if it was $399.

Well, it would be even better if it were $349 and profile 2.0 and had all internal decoding and the $100 card with 5 free movies. Sorry, doing my best nonrev.

I was JUST in a Walmart in East Meadow Nassau County, Long Island, NY. They had 3 or 4 of the Samsungs and Panasonics in stock. Also the cheapo Magnavox. BD disc selection was NOWHERE near as good as BestBuy though

Well, it would be even better if it were $349 and profile 2.0 and had all internal decoding and the $100 card with 5 free movies. Sorry, doing my best nonrev.
Thanx, its a shame it had to be 1.0 players, and most likely that $300 player must be accompanied by a pricey new AVR purchase that can decode the HD audio so those lucky customers can have the other half of the HD experience.

nonrev, you know I'm just messing right? :) No hard feelings.

I do agree that yes people never realize what they are getting into initially when they buy the HD-DVD or BD players. Not too many people I know have an HDMI capable receiver that can take PCM or decode the bitstreams. Some people have the proper analog inputs but not many use them I've noticed.

$100 off ain't bad. $100 gift card at Wal-Mart is essentially $100 off. There's no way in hell the average person looking at a high def player doesn't spend $100/month at Wal-mart, Target, Safeway, Kroger's or some other store on toiletries alone.

Which blu-ray player in this deal is the best? I'm thinking about the PS3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)