Customer Retention at Dish?

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Is it just me or does every single CSR sound the same or have I been so unfortunate to get ahold of the same moron every single time I call.

I dumped dish about 6 months ago because they were screwed me on a DVR when I first signed up. They told me a single tuner was the only thing I could have and turns out I could have had a dual or single. I called them 3 days after starting service and they told me yes, I could have choosen a dual tuner, but too bad, you already signed up and are now a regular customer. Forget the fact they never mentioned the dual tuner.

I told them on that day I would leave Dish the first chance I got. That was 6 months ago.

Now the landscape has changed and I want my MPEG4 DVR with all the bells and whistles.

Dish network has contacted me in the past, in fact they called me the day this new HD promotion came out, but I told them not interested...of course before I read what was going on.

So today I call...talk to the first guy and he tells me $299 upgrade fee. I asked him if they had any promotion for returning customers or something like that.

He transfers me to a CSR...wait 20 minutes and talk to and I swear its the SAME person everytime...she tells me $799 upront!

I asked her to speak to the customer retention department and she said there was nothing like that. Of course they just called me last week and actually called me 2 months ago and identified themselves as such.

Got frustrated and hung up...

I want to get Dish back but if they think I'm paying $799 their nuts.

Is there anyway to get ahold of someone who knows what they are doing, has a good grasp of the English language and doesn't just flip through the cards?

Thanks

I am cursed...I called back, waited another 20 minutes and got the SAME CSR.

Unreal...

wow i have been on hold 21min. now...

I just switched from cable a week ago but dang long wait times just to ask about available superstations in my area.

I have had problems with a particular CSR and got nowhere and called back and got the very same one. I just hung up and waited before I called back again.

I know of someone that switched to DirecTv and Dish Network offered her a free single tuner DVR if she stayed with them. I told them that the dish was gone now too and they didnt seem interested anymore in keeping the customer (they had to have a SuperDish at the time).

Either all their CSR's are from India and get voice training then this is the EXACT same person I talked to last year when I cancelled.

I called Dish 5 months straight to get them to atone for their error, only after I had completed the cancellation did they put a manager on the phone who offered me the world, including a 942!

I was just as pissed off at SBC for my DSL and that lead to me forgoe the offer and switch to cable.

I called again and got the same person...different name, same exact voice....

Tommorow we will try a retailer. Hell worst case I'll put it in my business name.

Call me silly but I think Dish's offering right now is good enough to even sign up for 18 months...I hate contracts but DTV is lost in space, my cable company while being absolutely EXCELLENT in customer service, communication, and easy to work with they are just stuck in the stone age as far as HD. They made me a sweet deal on a HD DVR but the offerings are light and they are 6 months late delivering more channels. Not to mention nothing is in DD, only stereo...

18 months Lightspeed or something similar will be available. I was willing to do the $299 because I could ditch my OTA box and get back at least 50 percent of my money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts