Customer Service Solution

brad880

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 10, 2007
I keep reading all of these posts about bad customer service from Dish. Well, if it really was as bad as some of you claim, here is a solution that has worked every time for me with multiple companies (including Dish). If you really feel you have been mislead then back it up with action. The CSR's can only do so much and obviously do not have all of the info at their finger tips. Stop posting that crap here... We cannot do anything about it! But YOU can!

1. Ask to speak to a supervisor.
2. Ask to speak to retentions (Write down the times, dates, CSR name/employee number)
3. File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
4. File a complaint with your states Attorney General's Office.

If you aren't willing to go through these steps then maybe its not as bad as you think.

People aren't here looking for resolution. They are here venting! But I do agree with always making sure you get names and other pertinant info. Make sure they know you are doing it as well. When they know that you have their info, their butts are on the hot seat.

People aren't here looking for resolution. They are here venting! But I do agree with always making sure you get names and other pertinant info. Make sure they know you are doing it as well. When they know that you have their info, their butts are on the hot seat.

Yeah those first line overseas CSRs mimics who cant speak English and get chump change are really shaking in their boots!

Customer service could be vastly improved if the CSRs were all in the good ole USA and actually had dish service, then they would have at least some remote earthly idea what is going on.

"You like 148 satellite, I get that for yea."

Get real, dish just doesnt care how bad they treat customers and how much that cheap customer service is really costing them as a company.

Legally I think all companies should be required to provide an agent and correspondence id at the begin and end of call.

I for one have had almost 100% good luck with Dish service, both customer and technical. I have never had to elevate anything. A good part of that is due to my having reasonable expectations and putting my requests in the right channels.

The one screw-up - a CSR improperly activating an EHD for my 211 - was resolved by a second call to tech service. (This was something I knew was destined for trouble - calling the 800 number that appeared in the activation pop-ups on screen. I shoulda just gone with my instinct and started with TS!)

To add a couple of ideas to what the OP said:

1) When writing a complaint letter, start with Dish; only go the the BBB if you get no or poor response.

2) ALWAYS state in that letter exactly what it will take to make you satisfied. You have to ask for what you want. They're not mindreaders.

3) If you're a long-time, loyal, high-paying customer it can't hurt to try to lever that to your advantage.

4) Be reasonable with your expectations. Compensation well beyond the value of the services originally contracted is not reasonable. You won't always get what you ask for, but you have a better chance if it's not extreme vs. the problem you're hoping to have mitigated.

5) Save threats for the last resort. They usually won't get you anything anyway and in many cases can be deal breakers...

I have been hung up on before asking for their operator number or for the supervisor. But with that said its been over a year since I called in to speak to a CSR for anything besides activating a receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)