Customer service

jowa500

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2011
Hartford,CT
I'M probably going to piss someone off with this but I have to vent. I dont know what was going on today but dealing with the Dish team here was the most aggravting experience I have ever had.. A complete opposite experience from the last time. The last time my issues were promptly taken care of and it was a smooth and quick response. Today I was helped by a couple members on how to contact the team. I sent a message to one member of the team and over an hour later no response. I understand that they could be at lunch or something.I then contacted someone else from the team who did respond quickly.but from there it went down hill. Wait times between my responses were 25 to 45 min. The excuse of helping other people going to lunch and having breaks were used. I don't know when it became appropriate to abandon customers in the middle of helping them to go to lunch/break and not even letting them know .So after starting this process around noon and was hoping to have it done quickly I gave up about 430.. I gave in and called Dish and after being harassed by the first CSR (I think, I couldn't understand) for a coupe minutes I was transferred to a technician. I wish I remembered his ID . He was very pleasant and helpful .I explained to him the hard drive failure issues I was having . He explained to me my options and made sure I understood what I was upgrading to ,so I upgraded with him.Within 15 min.of calling Dish I was done. Something I probably should have done in the first place. Like I said my previous dealings with the dish team were awesome and made me want to come back. Now I'll reconsider

I would not go to DIRT here when it's something urgent or can be handled by a phone call to Dish. I have contacted DIRT on a couple of occasions and they helped out where a phone call would not have. However, it did take some patience. You do understand that these folks do have other websites that they monitor and other duties to attend to? And, they are on a schedule and have lives outside of this place?

My expectations are obviously different from yours. I do expect them to help me with my problem. I don't expect them to drop everything else to do so. So far, I've been very happy with the results. Sorry you were not. :)

Reactions: jbernardi
My dealings with them previously were very good. I went with them to upgrade because of all the good comments. I do agree with you about them not dropping everything to help me. But from beginning to end 4 1/2 hours before i gave up they certainly didn't drop anything.

I would never expect anything close to "real time" interaction with DIRT. It's not what they are meant to do. They are often very prompt, but anytime a conversation is "mail" based each back and forth will put you into a queue. They get to your message when they get to it. When they do get to your message, they respond, click send, and move on. They may be working any number of queued up messages before they get to your subsequent response, etc, etc.

FWIW, my last interaction with DIRT for HWS upgrade was a total of four messages - my request for upgrade with my account info, confirmation from DIRT with pricing details, my "do it" message, and DIRT's "its done" message.

Was it done in 15 minutes from start to finish? No, but I wasn't expecting it to be.

How much of my time was actually involved? Maybe three minutes total. Much better than dealing with a phone CSR.

it's unfortunate some people think Dish has hired a group of employees to sit on this site waiting for people to ask questions.
While the DIRT team does a great job here, this is in no way their first priority as far as their list of jobs/projects every day nor should it be.
We are fortunate that Dish has decided to give this site access to a distinct group of employees to help out when then can and maybe we should start looking at having them here as a privilege and not a right...

Reactions: Rey and KAB
Can't discount their own forum, their Facebook, Twitter, and the 9000 complaint web pages. I'm happy when I get a 34 hour turn around to be honest.

I've had several experiences with DIRT, on every one of them they have responded quickly, within an hour and all my requests / issues were granted / solved, In fact, these days I will only deal with DIRT rather than some of the idiots on the phone.
All my phone calls to Dish CSR has never resulted in a pleasant experience, even when I first subscribed.

I was reading this thread again and just thinking, I wish all the companies I have to deal with had an internet response team of knowledgeable employees who could handle issues for me. I mean, for example, try calling Verizon Customer Service five times and getting the same reply twice. And, I'd love to be able to talk with someone at General Motors who actually knows something about the product they represent. I could go on.

What really ticks me off is all the companies who USED to have US Based customer support and shipped the jobs to India, Philippines, etc.

All the people with out jobs and these companies have the nerve to outsource support to across the pond, let alone make their product their as well.

Goes to show that the top brass at these companies don't give one crap about you, they just want the money.

Makes me sick.

I actually support it. To keep consumer costs down, it makes sense to outsource the simplest tasks to them. Save costs for the consumer, and pay them $2.50/hour. But real jobs are still had in the us. There is not a single broadband agent overseas.

I'd rather pay twice a month for my service knowing it keeps a roof over someone's head in the US then to pay money to speak to someone who knows 5 words in English.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts