nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
Associated Press
Last update: May 5, 2009 - 2:07 PM

NEW YORK - The CW television network is shutting down on Sunday nights.

The network is negotiating to turn over the time to its affiliates. Viewers will see programming picked by their local stations instead of the reruns the CW is now airing......

More details at the AP

I would like to see a rebirth of Syndication, like we had in the 90's
with Star Trek DS9, Babylon 5 and Hercules and Xena.

Maybe this is an overreaction to one story, but we pay significantly more for cable/satellite TV now than 10-15 years ago in large part due to the sheer increase in volume of networks and specialty channels. Now the networks are cutting back on programming due to the recession, but our fees do not decrease, so in the end we end up paying significantly higher costs for programming that is stretched very thin. Where do we go from here? Will we see channels begin to shut down completely, or will they continue to pass their costs on to us?

I miss the Action and PTEN Networks. Babylon 5 started in syndication too. Star Trek TNG and DS9 both had better distribution than Voyager and Enterprise because they were syndicated while the latter two were on UPN.

I see the CW network becoming as irrelevant as ION/Pax/'I"/whatever.

I really miss the truly independent TV channels of the 60s/70s which slowly morphed away in the 80s/90s and first run syndication.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts