CW600 and GS120

Status
Please reply by conversation.

global0

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
37N, 121W
I have a CW600s rcvr and a GS120 which I bought recently. the motor is hooked up with a Winegard 76cm dish and a QPH LNB. the post is plumb and the dish tracks fine from H-2-H (yes, I have sat there on the roof with my analyzer and moved the dish from east to west and verified that it tracked almost every sat that was up there). and motor's 0 reference point is pointing to the true south for my location (zip code 95123). I have manually found a few satellites (IA5, G10R, AMC3). Now when I try any of the two available possibilities, USLAS or DISEqC to move the dish to the other satellites, either nothing happens or the dish goes to the far east or west and sits there. :confused:
If I understand these protocols correctly, they are supposed to do this? Also when I move the dish using the controls "continuous move", automated move" or "step move" and bring the dish to a position where I know there is something up there, the signal strength meter is stuck on 67% and quality is 0. I have noted that there are several people on this forum that have a similar setup and I am curious to know how you guys set it up? And whether or not you can use USLAS or DISEqC to jump from sat to sat?

Thanks in advance!

I didn’t use USALS on mine, I used 1.2 If I remember right (and its been a while) pick your true south and go into the motor setting and store it.

When you go to another satellite, you have to pick a strong transponder that is active. I hit the “auto move” option which will go and lock on the strongest spot. It should work. A suggestion is to do the satellites in order so you know the dish doesn’t need to move very far. Also, if you see that quality “blip” when its moving, slowly move it back in the other direction. The auto move seems to work on the REALLY strong transponders.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)