D* Slimline vs LNB 5 dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bases1616

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 21, 2006
Orlando, FL
Has anyone who has had the LNB 5 and went to the Slimline seen any difference with PQ? I definitely do not have all the pixilation and macroblocking that I was getting from the local HD's on the Slimline. Seems like TNT-HD is a lot better as well when it came down to the macroblocking I was getting.

Picture quality won't be degraded by the dish first off... It's digital, you either get the signal or you don't. There is no real advantage except cosmetic and weight wise if it is on your roof. The AT9 5LNB is slightly harder to align than the slimline. A good installer and do an excellent job with both but a dumb installer is likely to do better with the slimline.

Thanks D*Freak, the slimline has been giving me great PQ at night on my local HD programs. The AT9 had too many PQ problems at night on NBC and CBS. Now I can not wait for some more HD channels toward the end of the year.

Bases, sounded like your first install wasn't done correctly with the AT-9. Glad the second install with the slimline, AU-9S, was done correctly from what you have posted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)