D* to change policy on credit reports

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Beavis

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Just got word today that starting March 29th, all new customer offers will be subject to credit approval. No more $50 prepayment, it's either going to be $0 (for those with good credit), $150 (not so good credit buying standard receivers) or $200 (not so good credit buying HD or DVR receivers). The prepayment is non-refundable, but to offset it, a $10 credit will be applied for either 15 or 20 months, provided the account is in good standing. If the account goes into level 1 disconnect, the prepayment is forfeited.

Hmm, I dig this idea.

Sounds like a better promo than Dish Network's Free For All for those that do not have a credit card or good credit.

I think this is a smart way that D* is protecting their financial interests.

Beavis said:
Just got word today that starting March 29th, all new customer offers will be subject to credit approval. No more $50 prepayment, it's either going to be $0 (for those with good credit), $150 (not so good credit buying standard receivers) or $200 (not so good credit buying HD or DVR receivers). The prepayment is non-refundable, but to offset it, a $10 credit will be applied for either 15 or 20 months, provided the account is in good standing. If the account goes into level 1 disconnect, the prepayment is forfeited.

Hmm, I dig this idea.

beavis, this is 3 months old, aint happenin, ok butthead!!

dragon

dragon002 said:
beavis, this is 3 months old, aint happenin, ok butthead!!

dragon

Huh? It's not going to happen?

Hmmm..then why did management take 30 mins out of my workday to tell me?

I wonder what kind of scores they consider good, bad, etc. Kind of seems strange to me for them to do this, but then since I have good credit I should be fine. My parent's just got Directv and I don't remember any $50 prepayment.

Beavis said:

Hmm, I dig this idea.

It is 100% for sure happening, exactly as you stated it.

-Robert

It's Gonna Happen

Oh It's Going To Happen As Of 3/29/2005, We Had A Huge Meeting With All Of Account Management,
There Is No Point To Give A New Customer 4 Recievers At
$118.00 Each And Installation Of The Recievers
At $100.00 Each, So That Would Be A Total Of $872 For Free...
If They Are Not Going To Pay Their Bill And Cost Dtv More Money To Send Them To A Collection's Agency,
I'm Glad That Dtv Is Doing This Maybe People Will Learn
That Not Everything In This World Is Free,
And Sometimes You Have To Pay For Things You Want,
Hmm Imagaine That!!!

Candygirl, just curious. how will this affect those who wish to upgrade to either DVR or HD and will be required to committ to another year of programming?

you know, i had a question about this as well to which i couldn't get a decent response from. so, in paying the 150 up front, does this do away with the 150 cancellation fee, or.???

db54 said:
Candygirl, just curious. how will this affect those who wish to upgrade to either DVR or HD and will be required to committ to another year of programming?

bump!

oh yeah, this is chaos for the ilg department....

international dish is 150....so...
if the customer has bad credit, thats another 150..

some customers are getting charged upwards of 300, just to get started. thats crazy.

Candygirl is a phony and a fraud. In another post he uses an ID of "Candygirl" portraying himself as a D* CSR who is tired of all the whining customers. In a VOOM thread he uses the ID "Ancalagowit81" claiming he is an installer who does 40 VOOM installs a week. In another D* string he claims he has done thousands of D* installs. This is all BS! In reality he is a nut case and "Provocatuer" who dabbles in fantasy. In other recent posts he assumes other ficticious roles either with this user name or another. You can spot him because he has a distictive and unusual writing style. He capitalizes every word.

I don't have a problem with this policy. If people rip off equipment and don't pay for the service DirecTV loses money. If DirecTV loses money, who do think is going make it up? We are in the form of larger rate increases. This is nothing new the phone company, the power company and even many cable companies require a deposit for those with "iffy" credit.

I agree Mark, I just wonder how long someone's going to cry "DISCRIMINATION!!"

It will take away from subs.

My wife and I have perfect credit, 790 scores for both of us, great incomes but we get turned down all the time.

I have to call, every single time, to explain to them, talk to a manager, etc...

Some of the more creative mortgages out there are not technically a mortgage. So they get reported to your credit bureau as a credit card.

So we had a 360K credit card show up on our credit report, maxed out....instant deny from everyone and unless I get someone with a clue then we don't have much luck.

I spent 45 minutes on the phone with someone from Citibank over a car loan until I finally got ahold of a manager who knew exactly what the problem was and set everything up.

Most interest only/ARM loans are reported this way. The credit companies just need to catch up with the times and we all know thats going to happen :)

I'm still fighting my insurance company. They, and so do most other banks, use a Risk Score, which has to do more with debt to worth value than anything else. Homes generally wash, you are usually under the curve as far as loan to value. However since these types of loans do not show as mortgages, so your instantly X number of dollars in the hole because to them it looks like the monies are unsecured.

The insurance company says I am a B risk, compared to A being perfect, because of my Risk Score, apparently I'm more likely to commit insurance fraud and they give me the BS answer "Well sir that is the system and there is nothing we can do" If it was more than $60.00 a year difference I'd be more proactive. On paper, since the house is not reported as a security on the credit line I'm so backwards its not even funny. However if the house was reported on the report as a secured asset, which it really is, we would never have these problems.

Its a crappy system, and its more frustrating for those with good credit because they do not keep up with the financial times but there is no regulation so all we can do is fight the system each and everytime.

That all being said, I don't have a problem with the policy either, but I'll be pretty damned pissed if its a cut and dry policy and no one with a clue will look at the situation.

Thankfully I understand how this works, how many people out there do you think went and got these more creative loans and wonder why they are being denied constantly for no good reason? I'll tell you, no one that answers phones seems to be able to understand it, I keep climbing the ladder until I find someone who gets it.

crunkrock said:
you know, i had a question about this as well to which i couldn't get a decent response from. so, in paying the 150 up front, does this do away with the 150 cancellation fee, or.???

no it does not, you would still have to pay the early cancellation for of up to but no more than $150.00 or $12.50 per month of the contract that is not finished, i think the new credit system is awesome, people with good credit tend to pay their bills......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)