D* will carry CBS-HD for Superbowl and in O&O Markets!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
DIRECTV today announced a comprehensive agreement that secures continued carriage of all of MTV Networks' program services currently carried by DIRECTV, and BET. The deal also provides for CBS analog broadcasts, as well as high-definition broadcasts for CBS's coverage of Super Bowl XXXVIII and its industry-leading HDTV lineup in owned-and-operated markets. DirecTV will also continue to carry UPN analog broadcasts.

Entire Article

The same article also mentions they will be adding Nicktoons to the line up for Total Choice Plus subsribers. It will be on channel 302. No mention as to when it will be available.

Click here for the article.

The 17 markets served by CBS O&O stations are: Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Los Angeles, Marquette, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Green Bay.

If you are not in these markets, you may apply for waivers (if you think, you may qualify for it).

With E*, you can also receive CBS-HD if you live in a white area in a non-O&O market. Will D* have the same terms for their CBS and Fox feeds? If so, I would very strongly consider switching to D*.

sinnfein07 said:
With E*, you can also receive CBS-HD if you live in a white area in a non-O&O market. Will D* have the same terms for their CBS and Fox feeds? If so, I would very strongly consider switching to D*.

I called E* customer service yesterday and the guy said you would have to pay for the HD programming ($10 amonth) to get CBS-HD. Was he wrong? Honestly I can't get any of this HD-satellite stuff straight. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)