D10 Power Cord. Where to find one?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Proc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
Motown
I've got an extra D10 receiver laying around and thought I could put it to good use.

However, I can't find the power cord for it.

Anyone know where I can get one? Is it fairly universal? Its a 3 prong plug.

Any help appreciated as far as steering me in the right direction.

It's the same cord that Compaq and Dell use for the power bricks for their laptops. I know RadioShack has one replacement cord (with a right angle plug on the wall side) and I'd imagine you could find it at CompUSA, too.

Edit: I just checked CompUSA, and it's a no go. However, Cyberguys (www.cyberguys.com) has a 6 ft grounded notebook power cord for $4.49. It's the same as the D* power cord. The link to the page in question is:http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?T1=121+2580&dept=tch2&search=1ca54&child=1ca54

Last edited:
That may be, directvfreak... but this time, for this one person only. What about any others that have the same question? I know that my suggestions should be lasting ones, at least.

I do appreciate the assistance and I am sure someone else out there may need to replace a lost cord.

Dragon, thanks again.

Well it appears that dragon002's banning has also made him decide not to send me the power cord. I looked at the one from cyberguys but it doesnt look like it will fit in the back of the D10?

I've seen that particular style of power cord before. It is used by some NEC digital projectors and Compaq laptops. You can get that cord at any Radio Shack.

Check here.

On side note, why was Dragon banned?

Last edited:
charper1 said:
Can a banned user still access PM's? I have no idea how you exchanged addresses, but just tossing out ideas.

He got the PM and responded to it. Oh well, if the Compaq one at Radio Shack works, I'll go grab it for $6.

urnote96 said:
i got a whole bunch of them in my Directv van....pm me and i can help

Thank you for the offer. If the one at Radio Shack will work, I can just grab it there and save on the postage of having it mailed. If the RS one doesn't work out, I'll send you a PM. Thanks, again.

Proc said:
Well it appears that dragon002's banning has also made him decide not to send me the power cord. I looked at the one from cyberguys but it doesnt look like it will fit in the back of the D10?
I got mine on the 27th or 28th (it was shipped on the 24th, the day after I ordered it) and it is a perfect fit. Total cost, $9.04, and it was delivered to my mail box by USPS Priority mail. I'd saygo for it, Proc!

I just acquired a BUNCH of new cords that goes to Directv receivers in a satellite lot that I bought. I do not know which models it will work on.

I picked up a replacement cord at Radio Shack (model 61-2868) for $5.99. Pefect fit. I reactivated the D10 and all is well. The inteactivity is neat. The "Active" button works! It'd be nice to see it work on the H20 as well..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)