This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dabl

Dabl channel has been added here for weeks ch 44.4. (Not programming, color bars with channel listed as Dabl)

Reactions: comfortably_numb
In Fort Wayne it's on 33.7. How much more subs can they pack in there.

In Detroit, WHNE has 12 channels. They all look terrible.

14.1 4:3 LightTV
14.2 16:9 GetTV
14.3 4:3 THE BOB
14.4 4:3 HSN 2
14.5 16:9 SBN
14.6 4:3 MOVIES
14.7 16:9 RETRO
14.8 4:3 JTV
14.9 16:9 NewsNet
14.10 4:3 WHNE
14.11 4:3 ELLIOTT
14.12 16:9 Hartlnd

Reactions: cookies

Um, La Crosse and Eau Claire are in Wisconsin, not Michigan.

What are "THE BOB" and ELLOTT"?

DABL is coming to KSMO TV 62 .3 . I e-mailed Kimberly Edney, the National Programming Coordinator for KCTV 5 AND KMOS-62 in Kansas City, and asked about the rumors. Her response was it is coming! They are waiting for some equipment. No launch date was set but she was hoping for a couple of weeks. I am guessing an October start date

To be a bit fair. GetTV looks like crap even on Dish. Looks like a low bit rate from Sony on that channel.

Reactions: PasTypique
To be a bit fair. GetTV looks like crap even on Dish.
A station near me, KPXG (Ion/Telemundo) that has one 720p and six SD (perhaps a bit less payload than 12 SD) and the SD channels all look worse than DIRECTV's worst SD (think VHS color and detail absent most of the analog artifacts).

There are several distinct levels of crappy. There are also good, better and premium efficiency multiplexers. My local PBS (KOPB) has two 1080i feeds, an SD feed and an art card slideshow with multiple audio feeds and as long as the video content is reasonably static, it doesn't suck. Sports or sweeping landscapes on the HD channels may induce some queasiness.

Rescanned my Fire TV Recast Friday afternoon and the DABL network showed up OTA as a subchannel on KSMO 62.3!!!

For some bizarre reason, WCWF channel 14.5 in Green Bay, Wisconsin, the channel that is supposed to get Dabl, hasn't gone on the air yet...

I keep on re-scanning the tuner and...nothing!

This is the lament of many subchannels. Most have no real anchor programming so few miss them when they're gone. More variety is better but more channels does not necessarily equate to more variety.
The two diginets I patronize religiously are Heroes and Icons and LAFF. Then there is ThisTV and, lately, DABL. H&I and LAFF have an obvious Mission and Focus. ThisTV has Mr. Ed and Patty Duke and very watchable movies after dinner. DABL is what cable used to be -- Classic Food Network + Make My Home Better + Kelly Clarkson. That's pretty good television. NYPD Blue, Hill Street Blues, House, JAG, Monk, According to Jim, That 70s Show, Martha Stewart, Emeril, More Martha, Sell This House! ... It's getting rare I tune into network television other than the NFL and I only switch to DirecTV for Fox News and HBO. When my DirecTV promo ends next June, I will [maybe] add HBO to Prime Channels (if I still have Prime) and take down the dish. When nothing else is on, I turn to Pluto quite a bit. Probably more than Prime. I think that this is a lot of variety.
As the repack progresses and preparations are made for implementing Next Gen TV, expect to see more of this happening.
Not holding my breath for ATSC 3.0. I feel like the repack is mostly done for me. Things are pretty good in Boston.
I think any station that is trying to poke out more than five channels is running into diminishing returns based on poor picture quality.
WENH has four subs for a total of five channels. They all look great. Two at 720p and three at 480i.

DABL is a welcome addition to my OTA programming. Adds cable-like background noise (as Food Network once did). I like Classic Martha and Emeril better. This time next year, I will be paying $50/month for high speed internet and, maybe, $10/month for Prime, and, maybe, $10 for HBO.