Dark Knight audio

I noticed the changes, but only because I was looking for them, no one else did....What is your guys' favorite audio part in this movie?

I'll respond to this after I get the new sub hooked up. :D

I have a feeling it's gonna be the chase scene with Batman on the Batcycle and the Joker in the Semi.

I have to admit... gasp... I liked the first one, Batman Begins, much better than Dark Knight. Oh, don't get me wrong, Heath Ledger was incredible as the joker, but I just thought the first movie had a much more coherent story.

And I liked how they made Gotham look in the first one; in TDK, it was basically just Chicago.

oooh. Congratulations. Boy/Girl/ or surprise? We took the surprise route.

S~

boy due in about 6 weeks, will be our second :) and thank you very much....By the way, I know this might sound stupid but my favorite audio part is in the beginning when the guy shoots the grapple hook, I think I like it so much because I knew at that point this was a VERY well done Blu ray.

I was just talking with the wife about lossless audio and blu-ray over dinner last night. We were wondering how many people owning a Blu-Ray player even know about lossless and BD's capability of advanced sound. I bet there's a lot of people out there that don't even know about lossless and the requirements to achieve it. I bet a lot of them just think BD's one advantage is just an increase in picture quality and that's it.

You wife knows about that stuff? Does she have a sister? :D

You wife knows about that stuff? Does she have a sister? :D

LOL. Of course I taught her everything she knows...

The surprising part is she stays interested in it and is completely enthused with all the latest HD technologies. I'm very proud I can share this wonderful hobby of mine with her. ;):D

I'll just point out the dialog in the center channel with the sound mix of The Dark Knight is a bit lower than it should be. It's really the only complaint I have with the audio.

BTW, I loved seeing that movie in IMAX and really appreciate Christopher Nolan and cinematographer Wally Pfister filming some of the key sequences natively in IMAX. It absolutely demolishes other movies merely blown up to IMAX via the DMR process. The 15-perf 65mm footage also yields noticeably better image quality than the 35mm sourced footage even when watched on Blu-ray.

The changes in aspect ratio on the Blu-ray version remind viewers a little of what it was like to watch the IMAX version in theaters. At IMAX theaters the entire giant screen was completely filled during IMAX-based sequences -which resulted in an even more extreme aspect ratio switch. Still, I thought the shot choices between IMAX and Panavision cut together pretty well.

I'm rooting for The Dark Knight to win the Best Cinematography Oscar. And I hope the evidence that shooting in 70mm will show real results on home video formats will encourage Hollywood studios to do more movie production in 70mm. Rumor has it Christopher Nolan would like to film his third Batman movie entirely in IMAX or at least shoot it in a combination of 15-perf 70mm and standard 5-perf 70mm.

I thought the center was a tad low too, but not all lossless tracks are created equally.

I always doublecheck the audio format before watching the movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts