Dawn Of the Dead on Starz HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Starz is showing upconverted sd version of the movie on the HD channel. Not the HD offering. Not everything on Starz HD, ShoHD or HBO HD is the HD version.

I appreciate that, however I've seen the 16:9 version on Starz HD previously and this is why I inquired. Just found it odd is all.

IIRC the best of the series was Shaun of the Dead. Better production and story line but not the original director.
IMDB: Edgar Wright's "Shaun of the Dead" (2004). 8.0/10 (46,034 votes).
George A. Romero's "Dawn of the Dead" (1978) gets 7.9/10 (21,757 votes)
Pretty close--treat those as 4/4 stars. They do not make the top 250 because that is a more restricted fan base and their numbers there might be .1 to .3 lower on that ranking. "Planet of the Apes" is now 250 at 7.9.
-Ken

FWIW, most of the "Of The Dead" movies can be seen on VOOM MonstersTV from time to time and often back to back so free up several hours to record.
-Ken

FWIW, most of the "Of The Dead" movies can be seen on VOOM MonstersTV from time to time and often back to back so free up several hours to record.-Ken
True. Monsters HD has shown three of the four official George Romero 'Dead' films:

* Night of the Living Dead (1968)
* Dawn of the Dead (1978)
* Day of the Dead (1985)

These, plus 2005's Land of the Dead, constitute the George Romero branch of the 'Dead' series. John Russo, co-creator of the original film, has gone on to make several 'Living Dead' movies, though most of them have been lighter in nature with little, if any, social commentary.

By the way, I did see the original "Dawn" on Monsters HD one time in pillarboxed SD. It was an anomaly, because later that day, it was broadcast in full 16:9 HD. I assumed some technical/human difficulty must have forced them to show the 4:3 version. I've only seen it on Monsters HD that one time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)