Dealer has to install a 722?

GADAWG21

Original poster
Jan 20, 2009
ga
I already have a 622 and I am a licensed electrician. You would think they would save me time them money and let someone who really is qualified do it. No they had rather loose a customer that has been with them for eight years and spends more than a hundred a month with them over a two cable hook up. Can someone out there put me in touch with someone to get this fixed?:mad:

I think the biggest reason Dish wants to install the receiver is to make sure it is where it's supposed to be. Instead of at your neighbor or your cousin Fred's house. Also, it's their receiver, you're just leasing it, so why not let them install it?
If additional coax has to be ran, they like to do it. I know its not difficult. If you were just swapping 1 722 for another, there wouldn't be a problem. When I got my first 722, Dish wanted to install it, but I had to convince them to let me install it myself. MY HOA has certain install guidelines and Dish won't do the install, so I have to do it myself. If they insist on doing the install, you might try to wrangle a free install from them. Seems like a reasonable compromise. You can always voice your concerns to ceo@echostar.com. Good luck!

I installed both my ViP722 units. Months apart. I had no problem. One replaced a ViP622, one replaced a 721. Both spots had dual coax runs. They gave me no trouble at all.

Time to contact CEO etc.

Dish wants to come install new HD receivers rather than ship them because most of them are upgrades for SD customers. This usually requires adding the 61.5 or 129 so it makes sense to send a tech to complete this. However in your case since you have a 622 already I fail to see why they cant just ship you one. I would try the online chat, they seem to have half a brain. If that doesnt work then email the ceo address.

I ask about the eastern arc and they told me no. That I would stay on western. They also first told me they were shipping me the receiver, and set up a install with out telling me about it. They told me about the install when I called back to complain about not getting my starz and hbo turned on. I wouldn't be so upset about all this if these people would just be straight about things to begin with.ahhh. Where do they get these people? I already have dual runs of rg6 to all locations in my house with three dish pro 44 switches . :mad:

They are giving me a free install already. Its not that , its at least six hours of my time and that is very costly to me . When they could just make things very simple for everyone. If they want me on the eastern arc send me the 1000.4 dish and lnb's and I would install them. I did the two I have now.

Believe me, I understand. I spent HOURS on the phone with these clowns when I upgraded. I'd be surprised if you don't know more than the installer they're sending out.:rolleyes: Sad. best of luck.

Ed

Do like I did a few years ago.

When the installer showed up, I informed him that I would be doing the actual receiver swap/install because I knew were all the cables where and went, and he didn't. I told him he was perfectly welcome to watch me so that he knew "I was doing it correctly". After about two minutes of watching me fiddle with cables, the installer announced he'd be back in a bit and left in he's truck. About an hour later (long after I had the receiver installed, activated and watched a half hour program), the installer came back. I signed the papers at the door and he left. He seemed to have no interest in inspecting the install (didn't even peek in to see if the receiver was working). I think its likely they're use to this kind of situation.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)