This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dear Dish get a life!

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
Dear Dish Network,

I was a customer of yours for many years and after the reciever price hike I decided having my Internationals (tvjapan) was just not worth the cost of keeping 2 services.

But I do find it insulating that your winback agents try to hard sell me then spread half truths about your competition and it services they provide. It would not be bad if you had the truth and not something spun up by sale guys. Also I never like hanging up on people so I tried to be polite decline the offer and simply tell you could not match the savings I was getting with the competition do to me having a "special " account status. You would not politely end the call and pressed further, I finally told you what I pay per month for TV for all the movie sports and nfl / nhl mlb I can possibly ever watch which comes out to a grand total of 0.00. You then called me a theft that I must be pirating your signal as no one gets free service. At that point I had been accused of a crime I did not comit and told your agent to bleep off I work for Directv and get those channels as part of my employee benefits. While the agent was speechless I finally decided to hang up.

Also why does the Audit team need to call me 2 twice in one year for when for the past 3 years I only had a single 722 receiver. Also considering the almost 600 dollars I paid for my 722 why did you try charging me 428 dollars in a Non returned equipment fee. That I had to take almost a whole day on the phones to clear up. Your not the same dish network that I found to be so amazing all those many years ago you have turn into them aka the cable pig. You have let success get the better of you . It funny is from time to time I get a supervisor call where someone thinks that by speaking to me I am going to take a magic wand and make it all better especially if they mention your name. Thing is I am not the typical DTV employee I often dont have anything bad to say about dish and let DTV product speak for it self. So why make enemy out of me why give me a reason to talk about my experience with you to my customers. I never had any majorly bad to say about your company till day which I find a little sad. But I now you quietly monitor these forums. Not stepping up and taking flak like some people do for there company ever day. But I am pretty sure that you all need to go into a time machine and look how you use to be and the loyal base of customer you had vs now where it about trying to find new ways of fleecing customers with calling it a "price increase"

Thank you all for your time

Stonecold

You exercised great restraint. Sometimes, though, you have to just hangup. I also think it was crappy that the audit team kept calling you. It's almost like the IRS... Once you get audited...

That is a nice perk getting satellite for free. I get that for a different reason (radio), but I kept my Dish. I'm still in contract and my bill is only 39.99 a month. I never know when this endorsement stuff will end, so I'm definitely not leaving anyone until the end of my agreement.

FWIW, the HR24 is the first DVR you guys ever made that was in the league of a Dish DVR. It is quite snappy.

Yoda speak

You really should calm down before you write these. There are many statement here that sound like Yoda wrote them. I'm not a great wordsmith either but I do try & calm down before I write.

Stonecold
Enjoyed reading that....

All I can say is I been with Direct TV for a long time, I never had no intentions to go with Dish for a lot of reasons including the need to connect up phone lines to the satellite box (we haven't had a land line for the better part of the decade). And the audit police, that to me is a big turn off. If Direct started doing these stunts, we will go to Canadian Satellite or cable.

I don't ever recall Direct calling up and asking if our boxes were connected because we didn't have a land line. I don't recall Direct TV ever dropping channels because of a dispute...except maybe for Versus...which I did not watch anyway.

Direct never contacts us for anything, we pay our bill and they leave us be. We did get three months free of Showtime for being a longtime sub last year.

While I understand what Dish is trying to do by having these disputes with Disney, Fox and others, they are also hypocrites by jacking up the price of a DVR by 140%. That is like saying to the customer that "look we are watching out for you...by the way its going to cost you 140% " that is dishonest in my opinion.

People are passionate about TV and to the providers that they subscribe to. However in this economy....this is not the time for major providers to go asking for increases. It will backfire on them, paying the electric bills and mortgages are more important than TV in the long run.

There isn't any E* requirement to have a phone line hooked up to a receiver. There was at one time, but no longer. I agree that E* hiking their receiver fees as high as they did leaves them little room to complain about programmers requested hikes. There has to be a halt to all these increases or they are all going to go out of business as many will simply say the heck with it or grab their niche/cablet programming illegally via the internet or legally via streaming. I blame the programming providers as well as the DBS and cable companies. They all play a part.

Just to clarify some things. I have a higher tolerance for the calls because I deal with people screaming at me and I try not to be rude and hanging up is well rude.

On the subject of rate increases, networks are going to have to realize that they are cannibalizing there user base as they the network seem to not get that if they raise rates dish /direct / cable going to raise rate people will leave and go to alternate means.

As one poster responded about once your on the audit list you never seem to be taken off.

Dish at the heart of it was a good company with an outstanding product. Now it hard to say that, and to be honest I think read some pretty good criticisms of dtv users on the dtv forums here.

I had a had a fios sales rep come to my door about a year ago as I had internet but no phone and no video/ They gave me a deal on phone and said they match what ever I was paying dtv for service for 6 months no contract just to try it . I said sure handed him 6 months worth of my bills his mouth droped but he made good on his word got 6 months free tv serves with extreme hd pack for them.

This is not intended to be flame bait just a wake up call to dish that hey you a good service but why have you been screwing up lately in the past 2 years.

Dish Network is not alive, it is a corporation.

A corporation is an abstraction, it can never get a life.

no but even a one time lead corporation can do stupid stuff, and die

E needs a wake up call with a few million churn and a few hundred thousand lost subs to get the message........
:rant:

How about this one ?

While I went away to visit relatives, a robot from my health insurance company called and left a message on the answering machine with an 800 number to call and a seven digit code to enter.

I called the 800 #, entered the seven digit code and another robot said:

That message has expired.

Note that if all human beings had died of a virus, that robot would still have called and put the message on the answering machine.

Evidently robots now have First Amendment rights - they can call me whenever they want.