Deceptive advertising ? Maybe Maybe not. You be the Judge.

G

Original poster
O.K. I'm VENTING! Locals were launched in Cola. S.C. yesterday Nov. 6. I called Dish 5 times trying to sign up for the Superdish and locals. Every time I was told that the computer was down call back later. My last call was at 10:00 pm. and was informed to call back in a couple days. On the way into work I heard Dish advertising on our local radio stations that local television stations are now available. I called Dish at About 11:00 a.m. and the nearest install date would be Jan. 04,2004. I later called a Dish sales rep. and asked if the superdish was avaiable in the stores, she indicated that they should be. I then told her I was a current customer, could I go to a store and get the superdish. She replied that this is for new customers only. I called 10 different stores.No one had the superdish. I went to a local Radio Shack and they are still selling the Dish 500 packages. I think Dish Network is about to have a big PR problem . Someone goes into a retail store buys a Dish 500 system thinking they are going get their locals, well I hope you can see the picture.

One interesting thing is that in the press release yesterday for SC there are no dealers listed, while in other cities it had a list of Retailers in it.

I don't think you will be seeing a SuperDISH in RadioShaq (haha) anytime soon.

When I first read the SC release it listed 3 retailers. After I checked with the nearest one(who knew nothing about SD and has no idea when he will) I checked the website for the release and all the retailers names had evaporated and the CSR says that it could be midjanuary before I can get the SD. I can not figure why launch locals no one can get and hack everyone else off.

Have you ever seen the RadioShack commercial with Shaquille O'Neil?

He makes fun of them saying they don't know how to spell snaps his fingers and RadioShack becomes RadioShaq. :)

Re: Deceptive advertising ? Maybe Maybe not. You be the Judg

Byrd Watcher said:
On the way into work I heard Dish advertising on our local radio stations that local television stations are now available.

I'd love to hear Charlie Ergen's response to spending money advertising in a market that has no installers or available product to meet the customer demand. Anyone feel lucky enough to get that onto Monday's Charlie Chat?

Ready... FIRE! Aim. Hey wait, we did that out-of-order!

Ok, i think you need to understand how things work before you start posting and getting upset.

When you buy a system at radio shack, i'm pretty sure you take home the receivers and set up an appointment for an installer to come out. The installer will then install the dish you need, need it be the superdish or dish 500.

Of course you can't go into a store and buy just a dish, you never could so this is not an option. Wait a few days and by monday or few later after everything should have settled a lot more.

This does bring up an interesting point. It is going to be advertised in many cities soon in addition to the ones now about the locals being available. Isn't there statements at the end of the commercial where they talk fast indicating that a larger dish is required? Even then they would have to indicate that the dish is not included in the system and has to be purchased extra or a one year commitment has to be made to get the dish for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts