desk phone that combines cell and landline

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Well I just got a new phone for my desk. It does Bluetooth so it connects to my iphone. It also has a regular phone jack. It will show texts too, and even has a mini keyboard on it to reply to texts.

I have the horrible habit of setting down my phone when I come home. Mainly I take off my work pants and put on shorts, and leave my cell phone in my work pants. Then of course my cell phone will ring and I have to go get it. I never really have been a fan of carrying the phone on me 24x7. Also, in the morning it will be on my charger in my bedroom upstairs and it will ring when I am downstairs... Essentially I am just not good at keeping the phone near.

The phone is a "jablo" brand which I have never heard of: Amazon.com: BlueSynergy - Merging Your Smartphone and Landline: Cell Phones & Accessories

It actually had a lot more going for it than I realized when I ordered it. It auto downloads your contacts, so you can dial via your cell phone contacts, and you can set a sync rate (default once an hour). When you dial you punch in the number then pick if you want cell or land line. It does have the limitations of Bluetooth for distance, but for me everything seems to be in range.

I have used it for a day, and it has been great to just pick up the phone when the cell phone rings rather than have to dash and grab the cell phone. Of course if the cell phone is closer I can just answer it instead of the desk phone. They also have one that is $10 cheaper without the land line. I do not really have a land line - I converted it to VOIP a couple years ago to save major bucks, but have a phone line adapter so it works will all my house phones.

I would love to hear how it works over the next couple of weeks. I have been looking at getting one of these for a little while now.

Well after a week of use it has been doing well. It does have a few quirks. It does not set its time via caller ID. You have to set the time on your PC (it comes with an USB cable and software). It does not do texting with the iPhone. It says that the iPhone does not support it (maybe iOS6 will fix?), so the unexpected feature turns out not to be usable in my case. You can still use the keyboard to search contacts and such. It autosyncs the contacts with the phone on a regular basis.

It has been very handy for my use.

I got a Vtech bluetooth and landline phone a few years ago that did pretty much the same thing. It doesn't have txt but it comes with 3 handsets and under $80 at the time I think. I had both my wife and my iPhones connected to it, plus the landline. And it got an answering machine for the landline. And it lets you set different ringtone for cell 1, cell 2, and landline, so we don't even have to look at the caller id to see who should answer or (not answer) the phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)