This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Details Emerge on DISH/Viacom Talks

silversurfer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Las Vegas, Nevada
From our friends at SkyReport.com

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=22367

Check this out........

Yeah, am I going to see a "This channel is temporarily unavailable" message tomorrow morning when I turn my sat receiver on?

And customers are going to tell Dish to shove it and that they dont care if they are in a contract or not that they will not get a cent.

Stargazer said:
And customers are going to tell Dish to shove it and that they dont care if they are in a contract or not that they will not get a cent.
Cancel when you owe a cancellation fee and it will turn up as a bad debt of your credit report -- unless you pay the fee.

JL

Stargazer said:

And this is why there are so many lawsuits. You sign a contract and then won't live by it. Yes, the contract is more in the interest of the company (in this case Dish) and they can drop programming and you have to accept it. Start another DBS company and make the rules your way, or go to Directv.(same rule) If your on a contract you got something for that. Perhaps dish will agree to take back whatever you got for signing the contract and let you out of it?

Just an update from Marc Lumpkin at Echostar who tells me that thats are continuing.

Nothing more then that for now.

Certainly those on an autopay type arrangement will be forced to pay. I personally recommend honoring any contract you sign or otherwise agree to.

From our friends at SkyReport.com