Local Channels on Dish Anywhere Missing

The_Weather__Man

Original poster
Dec 30, 2023
Maryland
So, I have been having this weird issue where my local channels on Dish Anywhere went missing. I am only able to see the local PBS stations and not the other networks. This issue seems to have been around for about a month as last month and the month before I was able to watch all my local channels. This is not exclusive to the app as it also occurs on the web version as well. Was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem or if it is just me.

I also provided a screenshot of what I can see on the app as well if that helps.

IMG_3084(1).png

Reactions: charlesrshell
So, I have been having this weird issue where my local channels on Dish Anywhere went missing. I am only able to see the local PBS stations and not the other networks. This issue seems to have been around for about a month as last month and the month before I was able to watch all my local channels. This is not exclusive to the app as it also occurs on the web version as well. Was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem or if it is just me.

I also provided a screenshot of what I can see on the app as well if that helps.

View attachment 167531
Reset your DISH receiver and you should then let it reconnect to your router and then you should be able to see the locals. If you are watching on an I pad or some other device reboot it also. I had the problem with DISH anywhere with my dvr shows not showing for the day I was on and instead the day before. I would reset the receiver and the I pad I was watching on and they would then repopulate the right day's shows.

Reset your DISH receiver and you should then let it reconnect to your router and then you should be able to see the locals. If you are watching on an I pad or some other device reboot it also. I had the problem with DISH anywhere with my dvr shows not showing for the day I was on and instead the day before. I would reset the receiver and the I pad I was watching on and they would then repopulate the right day's shows.
Thanks for the reply. I reset my receiver today and my iPhone (reinstalled the app as well) and still nothing. I just got the Hopper 3 yesterday and I still had the same problem with my Hopper 2 w/ Sling where locals won’t show up on the app or website except for the 3 PBS stations.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I reset my receiver today and my iPhone (reinstalled the app as well) and still nothing. I just got the Hopper 3 yesterday and I still had the same problem with my Hopper 2 w/ Sling where locals won’t show up on the app or website except for the 3 PBS stations.
Give the hopper a day or two to get the locals on there since you switched to the Hopper 3. It took a week for me to get mine to settle down and work properly with DISH Anywhere. But if still a problem you might try a phone call to the tech dept at DISH. They can sometimes help you with things like this.