Details of being a retailer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jockoretailer

Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Hi, I wonder if any could tell me about being a retailer for Dish Network. Anybody out there a retailer? Wonder if any could tell me the details about how the relationship with Dish works and also with installers if you don't want to install yourself. Possible? Startup costs? Any startup cost to pay Dish? Positives, negatives? You can reply to this thread or send me a message, and I'd appreciate it.

Please explain your statements. Why has the day long since passed to make money? And who is the 1-800 number calling?

Short statements with no explanation don't really help me.

The 800# goes to Dish.

The easy money has all ready been made. Dish has some onerous (in my opinion) retailer requirements.

You could still make some money, but will need to do more than just sell Dish.

Good Luck, Eric

You pretty much must be an established storefront operation before they'll consider you. Your experience may be different than mine!

I suggest that you either call them or go to their website and drill down through the menus to fill out the dealer application paperwork.

It is more complex and individual than should be discussed in this forum. (not to mention that it has little to do with the general theme of this particular site)

Best Regards, Eric

I see but I checked out the dishretailer forum and looks like you have to be a retailer to be part of it and can't find another. Also there was nothing on it.

you either need to call dish, or call a local distributor. what area are you located?... maybe we can at least help you find a local distributor to talk to

I agree, it is best to get in touch with a distributor; they can help in getting you started. What I did for my store front was to enter into an agreement with a local furniture store. I set up a display unit and split it to several tv's, signage, and some advertising, my office is at another location. Dish did have someone hired to come check out the store front, they are getting particular about that.

Chavez, your post gave me hope but according to echosphere solutions at echostar sales all addresses (I believe including federal / state ID's) just match the storefront location which is a hell of an agreement between a local furniture store to allow you to do.

I thought I wouldnt have problems getting a business to agree to a free TV + free satellite service so I can qualify for retailer in order to do DNS work as a subcontracter but verbatim Echosphere Sales gal said this would not work, it must be a location to showcase that allows walkins to ask questions with a sales person that can assist.

If there is limits on using words like Echosphere please let me know, I'm new to forum and see dish and Dtv starred out with D**** so I dont know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)