DHA Buyer Beware of 3rd Party Agreements

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pfef98

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Pace, FL
My installer flat out lied to me, and shame on me for not reading EVERYTHING in the 'installation agreement'

I am under a DHA agreement with E* with a single 322 and I was toying with the idea of switching to D* now that they offer locals. I've only had the E* service for 6 months. Well, I went to my installer to see what he could do for me, since he installs both.

Lo and behold, I'm under a 3rd party agreement with them. Never mind that the last thing I asked the installer before he left, AND asked them on the phone when I set up the install was "I can cancel at anytime right? No fees?"

I'm pretty pissed. Mostly at myself for being duped. But I will never recommend this installer to ANYONE again. I just got done arguing with the owner of the company about it, he was like "You should've called Dish Network directly if you didn't want a committment"

They're the biggest installer from what I can tell in the Pace/Milton, FL area, just north of Pensacola too.

Anyway, just had to vent, and I'm sure there will be plenty who will post "Should have read the paperwork, too bad", and you're right.

--Matt

The reason for the 3rd party deal is because if you do disconnect within a certain amount of time, the retailer will loose the money they made to start with. The installer should have went into detail about what you were signing wether you read it or not. IMHO.

I honestly don't care what the retailer's financial arrangement with E* is, it shouldn't affect the customer if E* chooses to set up a system that isn't SUPPOSED to have a committment. Obviously if I'd have known that there was a committment with this deal I'd have either done the Free Dish promotion so I could sell off the equipment if I canceled after the year, or done the DHA directly through E* with no committment. What I've learned the hard way is that it is F-ing STUPID to do a DHA through a retailer that uses 3rd party agreements, it TOTALLY defeats the purpose of having the DHA to begin with.

--Matt

pfef98 said:
I honestly don't care what the retailer's financial arrangement with E* is, it shouldn't affect the customer if E* chooses to set up a system that isn't SUPPOSED to have a committment. Obviously if I'd have known that there was a committment with this deal I'd have either done the Free Dish promotion so I could sell off the equipment if I canceled after the year, or done the DHA directly through E* with no committment. What I've learned the hard way is that it is F-ing STUPID to do a DHA through a retailer that uses 3rd party agreements, it TOTALLY defeats the purpose of having the DHA to begin with.

--Matt
To rub salt into your wounds DISH now offers DHA/DHA-12/DHA-24. DHA is a no commitment promotion, DHA 12 & 24 are 12 and 24 month commitments. Dish holds the dealer liable for upto 360 days so dealers need the third party commitments. DISH feels the dealer is supposed to find them good customers and if the customer dosen't want to stay for at least a year they expect the dealer to pay for the now used equipment and installation that the customer got. It is self defense for the dealers if DISH applied the same no commitment to the dealers there would be no need for the third party agreements. If DISH applied the no commitment to dealers they would have to provide REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE so people wouldn't get mad and leave in that first year. :)

pfef98 said:

--Matt
Agreed, Who ever sold the system to you should have given these details way before the installation was scheduled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)