Dhpp

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vonderkinde

Original poster
May 18, 2008
Can someone please explain Dish Home Protection Plan?

Dish Network owns the equipment. I'm just renting it. Why would I need to protect equipment I don't own?

Also, how often does a (non-HD) dish go out of alignment? Will a strong wind move it? Is it easily re-aligned? It would s*ck to pay $99 for a service call after every storm.

I did a quick search on this topic, but couldn't find an answer to such a generalized question.

Thanx.

Your contract with Dish specifies that the customer is responsible for out of warranty repairs on all equipment.

If you have a receiver or an lmb die call Dish and sign up for DHPP, call back and report the problem, when it's fixed, you cancancel DHPP.

As with a leased vehicle, repairs are not the responsibility of dish, but the end user.

Minor realignment of the dish is simple, have someone watch the Dish Point screen (Menu, 6,1,1) and communicate with cell phone, walky-talky, etc.

Without loosening any bolts use gentle pressure to warp the dish slightly left and right slowly, if signal improves you know which way to move the azimuth.

Loosen bolts and peak the dish horizonally.

Repeat proceedure with elevation, moving the lnb arm up and down to see if signal improves, etc.

You should not have to mess with skew.

If your bolts are snug and the mount does not dislodge from the mounting surface, the dish should not have to be realigned for many moons.

If you have an earth quake it will probably move the whole house and the dish will have to be realigned.

As with a leased vehicle, repairs are not the responsibility of dish, but the end user.
Not sure why people really use this as a comparison. Isn't a lease veh. normally setup so by the time you return your lease to the dealer is at about the same time your veh warranty it about to expire (3yr/36,000 miles)?? So if any repairs are needed it would have still been under factory warranty anyways and the only out of pocket would be the normal maintenance.

If a leased receiver dies, you don't actually pay for replacement, you pay about $15 shipping/handling. That's if you don't have DHPP.
If you have DHPP, that fee is waived.
At least that's my understanding!

Not sure why people really use this as a comparison. Isn't a lease veh. normally setup so by the time you return your lease to the dealer is at about the same time your veh warranty it about to expire (3yr/36,000 miles)?? So if any repairs are needed it would have still been under factory warranty anyways and the only out of pocket would be the normal maintenance.
Dent the fender on that leased vehicle and what warranty pays for that repair? That is what insurance is for, DHPP is an insurance policy.

The only real value of DHPP is $99 service calls are reduced to $29, and you get the FREE shipping on replacement equipment.

If your capable of fixing your own system, the warranty is worthless to you, unless one of your receivers goes bad every 2 months!

Appreciate the detailed response Jim, as well as the responses from others. Can anyone clarify the cost of replacing a dead, out-of-warranty, receiver (without DHPP)? Is it shipping only, or more?

I was prepared to order new service from Dish Network, but the idea of having to pay above and beyond the rental fee has really put me off. After all, I doubt the equipment I will receive is brand new.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts