Did my 622 die, and if so, any way to save recordings?

lutton

Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
So I'm watching TV the other day and I lose the picture to a black screen, and the 622, upon inspection is 'off' (no lights, fan, hard drive sound, etc). The power button receives no response, so I unplug, and replug to reboot the system. After a few seconds all the front panel lights light up for a second or two, and the unit shuts down except for some intermitant hard drive activity. I wouldn't call it a grinding sound, but it's not the usual hard drive sound either.

There is no video out put via component, HDMI or modulator.

If have not explored hooking a display up to the regular old composite video to see if there's anything there, but I'm not hopeful.

1) Has anyone experienced the 'death' of a 622, and is this consistant with that?

2) Is there anyway to watch what is saved on the hard drive? Nothing is irreplaceable and/or PPV, but it sure would be nice (and higher quality) to watch the HD programs already recorded.

If it is dead, you have lost your recordings. No way now to backup the drive.

Try leaving it unpluged for about 5 minutes to see if it will come back.

Sounds like its dead, go bury it in the backyard,lol! Call Dish and they send u a replacement, but all will be lost. Too bad we don't have external storage then it would have been saved. Come on Dish give us external storage capabilities!

It's a shame there's no way to drop the drive into another unit and power up...

what does happen if you put an old drive in an uninitialized unit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)