Did Orlando get jobbed by the clock?

Yes it was the wrong call but keep in mind that it was the third quarter not the end of the game so alot was still to take place in the game.

As Chauncy said the other guy that passed the ball to Chauncy fro the shot looked at the clock and saw 4 sec. still on the clock so he passed it off otherwise he would have taken the shot ... that doesn't mean he would have made it, but that was the thinking at the time of the two players.

Jimbo

Didn't hurt, didn't help by my view. Final difference was 7 pts. Even Orlando said it didn't matter. They had their chances, but couldn't make a basket when it mattered.

No, they simply lost the game because they didn't make plays during crunch time. Technically, the clock incident may have been a bad call, but it's halftime so no big deal. Should the basket have not counted? That would imply the Pistons should be penalized for something that was not their fault. To be fair, the clock should have been reset, the play voided, and Detroit given the ball with 4.8 seconds on the clock. But again, who really cares about three points at halftime. If Orlando cannot hold a halftime lead or cannot come back from a halftime deficiet then they deserve to lose the game. It's 90% about executing during the final minutes of the game.

After review, NBA says Billups' 3-pointer should not have counted

ESPN - After review, NBA says Billups' 3-pointer should not have counted - NBA

"The referees followed proper procedure in addressing the clock malfunction by estimating the elapsed time and using their judgment as to whether the shot was taken in time," Litvin said. "Under NBA rules, the referees did not have the option of using instant replay and a timing device to determine exactly how much time had elapsed, nor do the rules allow for a re-play after a clock malfunction is discovered."

Can you imagine if (in a game that is timed using tenths of seconds), this happened at the end of the game instead of a half?! How the hell can a referee using no other timing device, accurately estimate the possible time elapsed?

ESPN - After review, NBA says Billups' 3-pointer should not have counted - NBA

"The referees followed proper procedure in addressing the clock malfunction by estimating the elapsed time and using their judgment as to whether the shot was taken in time," Litvin said. "Under NBA rules, the referees did not have the option of using instant replay and a timing device to determine exactly how much time had elapsed, nor do the rules allow for a re-play after a clock malfunction is discovered."

And you wonder why I don't like the Pistons...

It's bad enough they are boring and repetitive, but now THIS?!

I'm starting to pick up on an anti-Detroit theme in your postings Sabre. Did you have a bad experience in our city?:D

Yes.

I was at an airport and there were NO RED WING SOUVENIRS!!

One of my high-school friends (her name is Nicky) is a Red Wings fan; while on a vacation, our flight made a stop-over in Detroit.

I wasn't able to get her a Hockeytown souvenir.

Yes.

I was at an airport and there were NO RED WING SOUVENIRS!!

One of my high-school friends (her name is Nicky) is a Red Wings fan; while on a vacation, our flight made a stop-over in Detroit.

I wasn't able to get her a Hockeytown souvenir.

SabresRule,
I would suggest you make another trip to Hockeytown, like NOW.
I am sure you will find plenty of Red Wings items available, also make sure you allow enough time to visit the Hockeytown Cafe as well as Comerica and Greektown while your at it :)

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts