Did something happen to the picture quality on DISH? Getting blurry/fuzzy on some content.

Charade

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Was just watching Good Morning America and the weather girl was on location (usually location shots are pretty good) and everything in the scene was fuzzy/blurry but the graphics at the bottom of the screen were sharp. When they went back to the studio, the image was crisp. I've noticed this on both TVs. It's worse, obviously, on the 46in vs the 32in (both LCD). I've noticed over the last week or two. Also noticed a lot of compression artifacts.

The Graphics are sharp, the studio scenes were sharp, ONE scene was not, How does that translate to it being a Dish problem?

The Graphics are sharp, the studio scenes were sharp, ONE scene was not, How does that translate to it being a Dish problem?

It wasn't just ONE scene. It's been going on for a little while. Maybe a couple of weeks. It happens often that some scenes are blurry/fuzzy and then the content will change to something else and it'll be OK. And sometimes if there's a split screen (local station and remote reporter) in a news cast, the studio shot is OK but the remote split is blurry/fuzzy. It's more noticeable on the larger screen. So what does it sound like?

My ABC local has always looked a little soft to me. Verifed by checking it OTA....

It's not just locals. It happens on a lot of channels. Premium channels (like HBO) are better and usually don't have this issue. The problem also appears in the same scene like when a persons face is very prominent and the people/things in the background, which are usually out of focus naturally because of the depth of field of the camera, they are not only out of focus, but they can be fuzzy/grainy too.

Have you checked to see if your receiver might have somehow gotten set down to 480p? A software update has caused that happen on my 722K on more than one occasion.

I would have to say 100% on your end.I'm not seeing others posting, and I have 55" and 65" LCD TV and everything looks as good as usual. I can see sweat gleaming on close-ups lol. Change your settings to 480I then back to 1080I (or 720P) to be sure it's actually on an HD setting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts