Digital FTA receiver Able To See Analog just not viewable?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kc5qih

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Here is a question for anyone. While doing a power scan on my Fortec Lifetime Ultra It comes up with a bunch of transponders; but on some channels all i get is a black screen; but good quality and signal. Does the digital receiver scan in and store analog signals; it just can't display them?

Chris

I don't think so either. I would think if you are locking on them they must have an SR. I think you would see signal on the TP though, just not be able to lock.

I did notice a few like that on AMC9 last night that were just black but I got lock and great signal. Possibly just a feed that isn't feeding any audio or video?

A digital reciever will not even see an analog transmission let alone lock on it. When you see a black screen the channel your on is either a)encrypted b) a data channel c)a good singal, sr and quality but the pid's have changed and the transponder needs to be rescanned. d) a non mpeg2 format i.e. 8psk

Sure....some off brand analog c/ku recievers are dirt cheap. I got mine brand new for less than $100. Most of the pre-season football has been on analog. Watched a game last night. In addition some of the tv stations still do analog uplinks as they do not have digital equipment yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)