Diplexer For DPP-44-500 Switch

leegart

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Does anyone know what diplexers will work with this switch? I want to feed a signal from an OTA antenna with a satellite signal using this switch. Thanks in advance!!!

You need a pair of 2 amp passive ones if you are going on port one. I have a new pair of PVDP4's, They are the only ones perfect 10 sells that specifically say 2 Amp passive. The freq range on them is 40-2300 Mhz. I do not know how they stack up to other brands. I never needed to install the PVDP4's. I never had any problems with the PVDP3's, though. I did have to replace a couple of the holland 2 amp ones, though I did it with PVDP3's (the hollands are rated to 2150 mhz IIRC). As far as I know, you only need the 2 amp ones if you are diplexing port one on a 44 switch or possibly a 64 switch (something with a power inserter, in other words).

Thanks. It will be diplexing on a port other than the one with the switch. Does that affect the need for one rated for 2 amps?

"As far as I know, you only need the 2 amp ones if you are diplexing port one on a 44 switch or possibly a 64 switch (something with a power inserter, in other words)."

This is correct. You'll only need a 2 amp diplexer if you're gonna use Port 1 in the switch. You can use any other diplexer rated to 2150 Mhz on the other 3 ports.

Thank you. The standard diplexers worked after I had to resolve an issue involving bad coax. The diplexers are feeding sat/uhf OTA antenna signals into a 311 and a RS Accurian ATSC box into a Samsung 15" EDTV LCD in the bedroom. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)