diplexer ?

jascott7

Original poster
Dec 20, 2005
lovelock, NV
I read on this forum about using diplexers to combine a bellvu/express signal with an OTA signal. My question is can you use a diplexer to combine a dishnetwork and starchoice signal on one end and resplit it on the other end?

Thanks,

Jay

jascott7 said:
My question is can you use a diplexer to combine a dishnetwork and starchoice signal on one end and resplit it on the other end?
Won't work. Dish Network and StarChoice frequencies overlap.
The reason you can diplex OTA with Satellite is that the frequencies are far apart. You can not diplex different satellite signals together. Especially when they involve voltage switching.

Slightly different question. Can you use a diplexor with Starchoice and Cable? I read somewhere that StarChoice requires a direct connection from the LNB to the receiver - no diplexor, switches or amplifiers. Is this correct? I'd prefer to use a diplexor instead of fishing cable through walls; however, I am a snob when it comes to picture quality and want the best possible, so, can a diplexor be used and if so, would it affect the PQ on either StarChoice or Cable?

Thanks!

Derwin0 said:
Won't work. Dish Network and StarChoice frequencies overlap.
The reason you can diplex OTA with Satellite is that the frequencies are far apart. You can not diplex different satellite signals together. Especially when they involve voltage switching.

BEV in Virginia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)