Direc vs comcast

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Yesterday Direc hooked up my folks.
My dad is suffering from dementia and old age.
So as a gift I bought him Direc for NFL ticket.
They also have Comcast. Only had they for 4 months.
Probably the worst customer service
I have ever seen by far.
I had them install the X1 new latest greatest dvr by comcast.
The tech did half the job got confused and left my folks with nothing working.
After 10 phone calls I finally got someone to send tech back.
Job was finally completed.

Fast ward ward to yesterday.
Direct was in and out under 1 hour
Also cleaned up Comcast cord mess.

I'm super impressed with Direc!
From start to finish an outstanding
Experience.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

In our experience, even the Comcast installer for our Xfinity Internet stated that we're better off with DirecTV for video than for Comcast, due to exactly the kind of experience you've just stated.

What boggles my mind:

Comcast -- like any other corporation -- has someone who oversees all of their customer service (i.e.: a VP of something). All it would take is for that individual to lay out a plan to revamp their customer service.

I'm wondering why they don't do something about this. It's a huge oversight that could conceivably turn their entire perception around in the marketplace upon execution.

Reactions: Broe67
Yesterday Direc hooked up my folks.
My dad is suffering from dementia and old age.
So as a gift I bought him Direc for NFL ticket.
They also have Comcast. Only had they for 4 months.
Probably the worst customer service
I have ever seen by far.
I had them install the X1 new latest greatest dvr by comcast.
The tech did half the job got confused and left my folks with nothing working.
After 10 phone calls I finally got someone to send tech back.
Job was finally completed.

Fast ward ward to yesterday.
Direct was in and out under 1 hour
Also cleaned up Comcast cord mess.

I'm super impressed with Direc!
From start to finish an outstanding
Experience.

Excellent news !

I am moving soon and will be dealing with Comcast for Internet. I am fearing the wiring. I saw what they did to my parents house wires everywhere for 1 modem!

Sounds like typical Comcast. I got lucky when I had my Internet hooked up with them for six months. That the tech that did the initial install, knew what he was doing. Getting it disconnected, was like trying to get a divorce. Worse experience I never want to go through again.

I am moving soon and will be dealing with Comcast for Internet. I am fearing the wiring. I saw what they did to my parents house wires everywhere for 1 modem!

Let me know if you need a modem. I have the Motorola SB6412, that I purchased when I switched from U-Verse to Comcast for a bit. I have no use for it or the wired router, that are now in storage. You would need a wireless A/P for wifi. Getting hooked up is a hit or miss on if the tech knows what they are doing. Getting it disconnected is a whole another experience.

Now I've never had Comcast, but I have heard they are a horror story of sorts.

I have DirecTV and Time Warner for my Internet. I fear the merger between Comcast and TWC. I don't know if Comcast will take over full operations or not. Not that it matters, since most of TWCs Customer Service is terrible. Hooked up my dad's internet for him, and was a nightmare. They kept giving me the wrong password for his network, couldn't get it right, took about 2 hours to get it set up, when It shouldn't take that long.

Glad your DirecTV experience went well. They have great CS. Techs are great, as long as they aren't Contractors. The original setup for my genie was terrible, ended up not working in the beginning, had to have someone out, as I couldn't get a signal. Actual DirecTV tech came out went great.

I know nothing about dementia, but my prayers go to your father. I can't imagine what it's like.

I've had them both and find Directv to be better. Have Comcast for internet and basic cable provided by my HOA. The only place that I think Comcast has the edge, is that they offer Watch ESPN and Directv has been dragging their feet on this. I pay extra for Comcast channels, so I can watch Watch ESPN on my Roku. The day that Directv picks it up is the day I drop Comcast.

What's funny to me, is that people say they will cancel service with Comcast, or cut the cord, but still have Comcast as ISP :facepalm
That's not cutting cord that's just debundling, Not anybody in this forum though.

I've had them both and find Directv to be better. Have Comcast for internet and basic cable provided by my HOA. The only place that I think Comcast has the edge, is that they offer Watch ESPN and Directv has been dragging their feet on this. I pay extra for Comcast channels, so I can watch Watch ESPN on my Roku. The day that Directv picks it up is the day I drop Comcast.
Directv has Not been dragging thier feet ... they have to wait till the ESPN contract is up.
I don't think they have any choice in the matter.

What's funny to me, is that people say they will cancel service with Comcast, or cut the cord, but still have Comcast as ISP :facepalm
That's not cutting cord that's just debundling, Not anybody in this forum though.
I have went round and round with people in another thread about that too.

In our experience, even the Comcast installer for our Xfinity Internet stated that we're better off with DirecTV for video than for Comcast, due to exactly the kind of experience you've just stated.

What boggles my mind:

Comcast -- like any other corporation -- has someone who oversees all of their customer service (i.e.: a VP of something). All it would take is for that individual to lay out a plan to revamp their customer service.

I'm wondering why they don't do something about this. It's a huge oversight that could conceivably turn their entire perception around in the marketplace upon execution.
And this company wants to buy out Time Warner.
Time Warner has its set of issues. But I must say, each time my internet has gone down, their CSR's have been helpful and any tech that has visited, has completed their tasks in a satisfactory manner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)