Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DIRECTV Group and DISH Network Launch Advanced Satellite Advertising Platform
National Advertisers Will be Able to Reach Nearly One-Third of U.S. Pay-TV Households

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. & ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Apr 26, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- DIRECTV Group and DISH Network L.L.C., the leading digital television service providers in the United States, today announced the launch of the Advanced Satellite Advertising Platform (ASAP), a new interactive advertising platform giving national television advertisers unprecedented reach to nearly 30 million U.S. households.

The acronym ASAP is both a play on advertisers' current needs for a more efficient, nationally-scaled interactive television platform and the platform's immediate ability to deliver this interactive opportunity to the marketplace.

Advertisers will benefit from a turn-key, one-stop-shop approach with respect to the process of creating, planning, buying and implementing a national interactive advertising campaign. ASAP's core opportunity will offer advertisers the ability to showcase long-form advertorial content on an exclusive, dedicated channel coupled with interactive opportunities to further engage the consumer. These interactive opportunities include additional product information, photo galleries, simple gaming, regional locators and requests-for-information (RFIs). RFIs enable consumers at home to enter a sweepstakes or request a product sample, informational brochure or coupon directly from the television using their remote control.

"Separately, our satellite companies already bring advanced media functionality to every DMA in the country; together, we bring the scale, ease of use and analytics that we believe will power interactive TV into the mainstream among clients," said Michael Finn, Vice President of Advertising Sales for DISH Network.

"Both DIRECTV and DISH Network have offered advertisers a proven and mature interactive platform that dates back to 2004," said Bob Riordan, Senior Vice President of Advertising Sales for DIRECTV. "Our combined advanced television efforts will bring the marketplace unmatched expertise and an unrivaled nationally scaled experience."

ASAP will be a fully measured advertising platform utilizing third-party research services. Advertisers will receive in-depth post report metrics upon the completion of a campaign.

And here is the fruit of their draconian phone / internet connectivity policies. Thousands and thousands of technicians ran free phone and internet lines for this. Enjoy advertisers.

I saw the ads on the guide last week. They take up one spot from the 7/video. Very annoying, just like Comcast. I guess Charlie is trying to save us some money. Not!!! He is just lining his pockets with more gold doubloons. :rant:

i hate adds but as a share holder i expect profit or i will move my capitol else where. maybe the govt will take over the industry so everyone can have pay tv that doesnt require a profit to stay competitive

OMG!! Is this the reason corporate @ Dish has been insane and unreasonable about techs hooking receivers up to the phone line or internet? ZanderKoad, I just saw your post. I completely agree with you.

How about working together and sharing the hd channels each other doesn't have, so they consumer can freely choose whom they want to sub with, rather being forced to sub with a certain provider to get specific programing.

That's a pretty good idea. They could do it as a "sub-subscription" (sub-sub), in which you could pick up the packet of HD channels DirecTv has that Dish doesn't, and vice versa, for some reasonable additional fee. The additional fee would be passed on from your carrier to the other, with a nominal administrative fee deducted. The program channels would get their normal share of the increased revenue.

The two problems would be these: (1) The mechanics of transferring the additional channels from one carrier to the other; and (2) What the attitude of the SEC/FTC/FCC/and DOJ would be to this commercial arrangement.

Naturally, local Cable networks (such as Comcast) wouldn't like that very much.:rolleyes:

Regards,
Fitzie

Good grief! Now every time I pull up the guide, do I get a few cents off my bill? I take it no way to turn this crap off?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts