DirecTV not sympathetic to death in family

Status
Please reply by conversation.

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
My mother has been battling cancer for about 6 months. She passed away on Friday. During the past few months my dad lost track / didnt have the money pay his Bill.

I called DirecTV yesterday to try and arrange a payment plan for him. The idea was that I would pay some of the reconnection charges and part of the past due to get him up and running. My dad has been through hell the past few months and wanted to get his service back so he has an escape.

Long story short, DirecTV refused to do any payment arrangement for him. They basically said he had to pay his full balance and if he couldnt, his business wasnt wanted.

It is imporant to understand that he was not looking for a free ride. Maybe pay an extra 50-80 a month to catch up,and 60-80 up front... in otherwords.. a payment arrangement, which many other companies do. I think that was quite reasonable for someone who has been a good customer since 2004 and, up until now, has always paid on time.

Again, they refused... in fact both customer service people (the first and then a supervisor) were almost rude and unsympathetic.

I am VERY angry at DirecTV. I've learned a lot about this company from this experience. I would strongly recommend anyone who is on the fringe, to go to Dish Network or FiOS. I'm not saying they're any better, but I do know DirecTV doesnt care about their loyal customers.

I really wish Dish Network would offer YES and MSG in HD so I could jump ship. I dispise giving these creeps my money.

I am sorry to hear about your mother. I wish you and your family the best through this rough time. :angel:

As far as DirecTV goes, I would try calling again. I am sure you can find someone willing to work with you.

Sorry to hear about your mother Darren. :(

I don't know whats going on at DirecTV with their customer service lately.

:(Sorry to hear about your loss. It does sound like you spoke to some very mean people. If I remember correctly the system will not let you turn services back on with out paying the past due amout. IF YOU want a phone # for customer retention just PM me and i will be glad to give it to you. They should be a little more helpfull!

Sorry to hear about that man.

I hope things improve for you and your family:up

Please let me add my condolences on your loss.

Also I'm sorry for your loss.

My wife just went through the same thing with Directv about getting service cut back on and they made her pay the entire bill, not just the past due balance. If you love Directv, these things happen and we have to deal with them or leave. I've been threatening to go to Dish too but I'm not too sure the grass will be any greener. I love my Directv so I put up with the rules and CSR attitudes to the best of my ability. Hopefully one day they (Dish and Direct) will start focusing on better customer service.

Also I'm sorry for your loss.

My wife just went through the same thing with Directv about getting service cut back on and they made her pay the entire bill, not just the past due balance. If you love Directv, these things happen and we have to deal with them or leave. I've been threatening to go to Dish too but I'm not too sure the grass will be any greener. I love my Directv so I put up with the rules and CSR attitudes to the best of my ability. Hopefully one day they (Dish and Direct) will start focusing on better customer service.
the ironic part is: tech's are really being watched and graded on customer satisfaction and if our grade isnt good enough, we loose our job! I think these CSR'S should be held to the same grade. end:rant:Just my 2cents

I am sorry to hear about your mother. I wish you and your family the best through this rough time. :angel:

As far as DirecTV goes, I would try calling again. I am sure you can find someone willing to work with you.

Dodger says it all for me.

About DTV, try calling several times. From what we read on these forums, there's a lot of differences between CSR's.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts.. I did ask for retention and they would not do it because they said my account was already without service and there was nothing to retain.
Exactly. So don't bother wasting your time playing the CSR game since it won't work. Best bet IMO is either get another provider and pay your balance off little by little.
Or be without TV untill your amount is paid.

Darren and his family have gone through a rough time. It will be that way for some time,

AND this could be an opportunity for Directv to show how customer service could be. Since they cannot know any of their customers they are in no position to give away anything or even administer payment plans. I would take Directv out of the loop. Try a local bank or a familiar church. These institutions are set up to bridge the gaps in our lives.

Having been through a little of what Darren has been through I would also suggest seeing if there is a local senior center where the father can go and watch TV with other people. As an installer I have seen older customers get lost in TV land. The only thing that gets them going is neighbor kids, grandchildren or pets. There is a reason why all those pictures end up clustered around the TV set.

Directv is a corporation with a responsibility to share holders... period! They are just not in the compassion business.

Sorry for your loss, Darren,

Joe

First off I have a open door policy always have. A sat guy member has an issue like this I will go out of my way to see if we cant help them out.

Scott an his anti dtv moode is sickening. His half ass comments and why he lets people bash the company do to his own disagreements with them.

Scott knows people at the company if he was concerned for the OP he would see what he could do instead of bashing dtv.

I will say thins anyone here who has an issue I will personally investigae everything we can do with in policy to help them. All anyone has to do is PM me and I will give them my cellphone number and I be more then happy to talk to them.

I can not make up for some apparent bad calls by other csrs but i will try to help you the best way Ican with in the corporate policy.

Stpnecold how am I bashing DirecTV?

Go to DBStalk and look in the general DirecTV area, most of them are COMPLAINTS.

DirecTV use to have the best customer service anywhere but what happened to it over the last 3 months?

Personally I think that Liberty Media has a lot to do with the overall decline at DirecTV.

My mother has been battling cancer for about 6 months. She passed away on Friday. During the past few months my dad lost track / didnt have the money pay his Bill.

I called DirecTV yesterday to try and arrange a payment plan for him. The idea was that I would pay some of the reconnection charges and part of the past due to get him up and running. My dad has been through hell the past few months and wanted to get his service back so he has an escape.

Long story short, DirecTV refused to do any payment arrangement for him. They basically said he had to pay his full balance and if he couldnt, his business wasnt wanted.

It is imporant to understand that he was not looking for a free ride. Maybe pay an extra 50-80 a month to catch up,and 60-80 up front... in otherwords.. a payment arrangement, which many other companies do. I think that was quite reasonable for someone who has been a good customer since 2004 and, up until now, has always paid on time.

Again, they refused... in fact both customer service people (the first and then a supervisor) were almost rude and unsympathetic.

I am VERY angry at DirecTV. I've learned a lot about this company from this experience. I would strongly recommend anyone who is on the fringe, to go to Dish Network or FiOS. I'm not saying they're any better, but I do know DirecTV doesnt care about their loyal customers.

I really wish Dish Network would offer YES and MSG in HD so I could jump ship. I dispise giving these creeps my money.

Thats aweful..very sorry for your loss..

Direc tv just keeps spinning in a downword spiral..

Shame on them....

Just recently had my own issue with them.

Customer service ''in my opinnion'' is the worst ive experienced out of all tv providers.
They are a very dishonest bunch-up top.

Ive paid full price for NFL ticket. My dad is getting old and enjoys watching Ny jets with me.
Its just money..ill make more tomarow..No big deal.

But...i will not forget how poorly I was treated by direc tv.
My overall service has since been reduced.

Please, those of you looking to flame or start a fight...Dont comment on this post.

Thanks...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts