DirecTV Refuses to Honor Agreement

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I was planning to cancell my service after about 5 years to switch to another carrier. I contacted DTV to get instructions on how to return my HDDVR. Ther rep I spoke with gave me an offer to remain with them. The next day I received a confirmation EMail. The message show a $7.00/ month higher charge than what was agreed upon in my conversation with their rep. I kept detailed notes and got the reps name & employee number. I communicated that agreement to DTV and they`r refusing to honor the agreement. I asked them to check their recording of my call and gave them the reps name, date & time of call. I was told that they could not confirm that our conversation was recorded.
For any forum member reaching an agreement for the continuation of service, BEWARE of the "bait & switch". I`m planning to record any future calls pertaining to an agreement for service. I hope my posting will prevent other forum members from experiencing this problem.

He said She said you have no proof except the email so you really have nothing for prove your statement even though we believe you that reality changes.

cspiteri, unfortunately I think DirecTV's customer service absolutely sucks and believe your story in its' entirety. After a few months with DirecTV and dealing with their "customer service" I made it a goal of mine to learn how to do everything with their equipment, including installs. I refuse to call them unless I ABSOLUTELY have to.

Their equipment and programming is top notch, but the training that they give their employees is obviously pi$$ poor. I've had nothing but good experiences with their field techs, but when you have to call them for guidance.....oh brother :down

You're talking about an agreement from five years ago?

What? Prices change, retention offers are often for a year or two, not five.

All customers are paying at least $7 more than what they did 5 years ago, the price went up $3 last month alone for the 2009 increase.

Jason - I`ve been a DTV subscriber for over 5 years. I`m talking about pricing agreed upon from my last 2 year contract. $7.00/month is the difference between what was agreed upon in my conversation with the DTV rep and what was stated in the later confirmation EMail.

They get commissions for sales.

It's not Directv, it's corruption in general. Everyone wants to screw someone else over for cash.

Take one look at Ponzi Street, err Wall Street.

BTW, I was just screwed over too, but not like this. I was trying to talk to a guy that, since I have a broken hd receiver, and I want to have it replaced, and they would send me a free $99 receiver, why can't I pay an extra $100 and have them send an hddvr?

He agreed, put the order up, and then I went to my account and it was due $388.35. I ended up having to cancel.

The guy put it on as an UPGRADE and tacked on professional install.

Again though, it's not Directv. For awhile our bank would hold our money for a day or two until we bought something, and then charge us overages if we went over.

They stopped after we showed them that our paycheck comes in on midnight at the 1st of the month. The company told us, but the bank didn't 'show it' until we added a few charges.

similar experience. Been w/D* for 5-6 years, very happy. Upgrading to HD and they made me some offers to stay w/them. Next couple of bills so screwed up it's hard to tell if I'm getting everything promised.

I agreed to their 2-year "imprisonment" thinking that I would stay with them, but am now going on nearly 45 days of technical issues that have not been resolved as of this writing.

Waiting for issues to be resolved before beating up the billing department. Because of the aggrevation and probably 50+ man-hours spent in March, my wife says to settle for nothing less than a 2-week cruise for 2 (ha!).

On D*'s website you can get a link to the Sr. VP of Customer Service, Elien Filipiak. Has anyone tried this?

Jason - I`ve been a DTV subscriber for over 5 years. I`m talking about pricing agreed upon from my last 2 year contract. $7.00/month is the difference between what was agreed upon in my conversation with the DTV rep and what was stated in the later confirmation EMail.

Hmm...I've read over the DirecTV Customer Service agreement (DIRECTV - Customer Agreement) and the DirecTV Lease Addendum (DIRECTV - DIRECTV Equipment Lease Addendum) and see absolutely no mention of a customer being locked into a fixed price. Did they give you a special contract to sign to specifically lock in that pricing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts