DirecTV Satellite - 95+ bonus channels over streaming?

Sports pack is an add-on even for Directv Stream Premier customers even though it’s part of the Premier package on satellite.
I don't recall any sports channels that were on Streaming that were not in the Ultimate package. Stream previously didn't offer out of market RSNs or anything like Redzone. I have to think they'll correct this when Redzone comes online or as they cleanup after all the changes they need to make with this new NFL contract. The price is the same, $154.95 for premier on stream, Internet, or satellite (not counting the ARS and RSN fees). My guess is it was just a product of streaming not having the extra channels and out of market online.

I don't know if it's an error, but the insider article says sports pack is included in Premier for all DIRECTV customers:
At launch in August, NFL RedZone will join the full DIRECTV Sports Pack lineup, which includes a wide variety of more than 20 professional and specialty sports networks. DIRECTV Sports Pack is included for DIRECTV customers taking the PREMIER package and above.

Here's the break down of Sports Pack channels for stream customers, the lower your base package, the more additional channels you get:
207 ESPNEWS (Choice and higher)
208 ESPNU (Choice and higher)
212 NFL Network (Choice and higher)
213 MLB Network (Choice and higher)
215 NHL Network (Ultimate and higher)
216 NBA TV (Choice and higher)
217 Tennis Channel (Choice and higher)
218 Golf Channel (Choice and higher)
221 CBS Sports Network (Ultimate and higher)
464 TUDN (Ultimate and higher)
602 FanDuel TV (Choice and higher)
605 Sportsman Channel (Ultimate and higher)
606 Outdoor Channel (Sports pack only)
610 BTN (Choice and higher)
611 SEC Network (Choice and higher)
612 ACC Network (Choice and higher)
618 FS2 (Ultimate and higher)
623 Next Level Sports (Sports pack only)
677 Longhorn Network (Sports pack only outside of Texas)
719 MLB Strike Zone (Sports pack only)
NFL Network RedZone (Sports pack only)
Out of market RSNs (Sports pack only, requires Choice or higher as your base package)

Entertainment was originally created as the RSN-less non-sports package, but minimum penetration clauses forced them to include ESPN and ESPN2, and then once renewals startted hitting, Fox and NBCU demanded the same treatement for FS1 and the now defunct NBCSN, so they were also added to Entertainment.

On cable it widely varies. Like here for at least the past 2 decades, Blue Ridge has had ESPNEWS and ESPN Classic on their expanded basic lineup, and replaced ESPN Classic with ACCN once ESPN finally pulled the plug 2 years ago. About a decade or so ago ESPN also gave providers the option to have ESPNU and ESPN Classic swap packages, but not all providers took them up on that offer. DIRECTV did in 2010, which is why ESPNU and ESPN Classic swapped channels 208/614 and packages.

Back in the day sports pack had a lot more exclusive channels, but over the years many of them folded (MTN, ESPN Classic, ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater/Bases Loaded), moved to lower packages (CBSSN/College Sports, NBA TV, FS2/Fuel, FanDuel/TVG, Sportsman), or became Spanish/Deportes only channels (FOX Deportes, GolTV).

We're talking about Stream/Internet. Until Tuesday they didn't have Sports Pack at all. When it first appeared in the accounts management and package signup pages, it only showed up as an add-on, even for people with premier. But now when I go to the package signup page for Premier, it stil shows up a seperate sports addon, but the price is listed as free and doesn't have a "for x months then $$$" disclaimer like the 3 months of MGM+ free add-on does, while for Ultimate, Choice and Entertainment it's listed as $14.99.

I'm not sure if that free pricing applies to existing stream/internet customers with Premier though, or if they will automatically give it to people with premier or require them to manually enable the addon.

As for satellite, there is the Titanium package above Premier that includes all out of market sports packages, international channels, the adult channels and all PPV events, but it's not available for new signups, and it was mainly created by their lawyers in the mid-2000s to set a $7,500/year price point to use in damage claims in their lawsuits against those who hacked their cards.

I have Premier on Stream right now. When I go to manage my package the Sports Pack shows as a $14.99/month add-on. Maybe it will be included for new Stream Premier customers, but it doesn’t look like I’ll be getting it. What‘s the price that’s shown for a new Premier subscription?

As for satellite, there is the Titanium package above Premier that includes all out of market sports packages, international channels, the adult channels and all PPV events, but it's not available for new signups, and it was mainly created by their lawyers in the mid-2000s to set a $7,500/year price point to use in damage claims in their lawsuits against those who hacked their cards.
Too bad I still had cable in the mid-2000s!

I think I’ve figured out what’s going on with Premier and the Sports Pack. Directv Internet subscribers will get it included with no additional charge because they pay the RSN and AR fees. Premier Stream customers like me have to pay the add-on fee because they don’t pay those fees.

I think I’ve figured out what’s going on with Premier and the Sports Pack. Directv Internet subscribers will get it included with no additional charge because they pay the RSN and AR fees. Premier Stream customers like me have to pay the add-on fee because they don’t pay those fees.
Yeah, I just checked the Premier ordering page on the seperate Stream site, it's listed as $14.99 addon under Sports, when I check the Internet ordering page for Premier, it has the price struck out and listed as $0.00 with no disclaimer about it being for a limited time like they do for the special offers.
(You might have to logout of your account to see them, since when I was logged in it just redirected me to the main directv.com website)

Also for those who didn't see the posts in the TPN maps thread, last night METV's stream started testing and a few days ago the stream for FETV's sister channel Family Movie Classics started testing.

My question is what is above Premier?
It was short lived but for $7,500/year in 2006 you could get DirecTV Titanium:

If there is anyone still on that package I'm sure they're paying over $10k/year by now.
Speculation was they made this to put a price on all-service for the purpose of piracy lawsuits.

...you could be watching every DirecTV channel (including all of the HD stations), every broadcast sporting event, and every Pay-Per-View movie -- even all the dirty ones -- not to mention the fact that you get up to ten HD DVRs to situate around your mansion and 24/7 concierge service...

It doesn't look like they do ARS fees anymore, unless they've just stopped displaying it separately on bills and are instead including it in the base package price.
I just signed up for DIRECTV Satellite in April and I get charged a $15 ARS fee.
Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 4.59.39 PM.png

It doesn't look like they do ARS fees anymore, unless they've just stopped displaying it separately on bills and are instead including it in the base package price.
Customers signing up for Direct via internet (directv.com) pay $15/mo ARS plus an RSN fee, but the base package is $15 cheaper (Choice), so really they're just paying the RSN fee. They get a single free Gemini box and a 2 year price guarantee, and currently a $200 gift card. Customers signing up for DirecTV Stream (directvstream.com) do not pay an ARS or RSN fee, do not get any hardware, and now cannot buy the Gemini box in their online account (can buy used, possibly can buy through a rep, but it isn't in the online account to purchase). Stream subscribers do not get a price guarantee.

With the price guarantee and $200 gift card it's honestly a touch call - as when the price guarantee is over you can always cancel and then sign up again on the Stream website (assuming they do not discontinue this option). I could see the DirecTV via Internet being a good option for some new customers, though many people have initially felt the Stream option may be better. The math is ultimately relatively close (gift card + year 2 price guarantee savings versus RSN fee).

213-1 MLB Network Alternate (MLBN schedules many games regionally where half of the country gets one game and the other half gets the alternate game, so it's not just for people living in the cities of the teams playing on the main channel like the NFL or NHL Network alternates)
A stream for the MLB Network Alternate is finally in test mode!

Attachments

• MLBaHD.jpg
    MLBaHD.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: raoul5788