DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 5/15/2024

The replay of the MLB game on the feed also started at 10am, so that pretty much confirms these replays are part of a coordinated scheduled test. Odds are other providers like Cox, Spectrum and Xfinity had these feeds going internally too.

They are apparently doing those tests early in the day, before there is a big demand for part-time sports feeds. At 4:40pm I ran another successful test capture and the *DBACKS and *TWINS channels are back to offline slate PIDS, where they were on Wednesday morning. Many other part-time feeds are active.

I just found the Olympic Channel shutdown through the thumbnail server

Attachments

• OLYCHD-20221001-T035948Z.jpg
    OLYCHD-20221001-T035948Z.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 35
  • OLYCHD-20221001-T035942Z.jpg
    OLYCHD-20221001-T035942Z.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 36
Now if only Gary or Tom can check if the test channel for it on satellite is showing anything.
They can't view the actual satellite feeds. The broadcasts are encrypted, and no 3rd party satellite tuner is capable of tuning to DIRECTV's "A3" modulated transponders on T11/99cb, like they can with the DSS modulated transponders on the 101 slot.

Reactions: Tom Speer
They can't view the actual satellite feeds. The broadcasts are encrypted, and no 3rd party satellite tuner is capable of tuning to DIRECTV's "A3" modulated transponders on T11/99cb, like they can with the DSS modulated transponders on the 101 slot.
Doctor J and I can't actually see the encrypted video on 101 either. Our Genpix Skywalker receivers can demodulate the signals and tell us the bit rate of each PID on a transponder, but we can't decrypt it. We just use them to record the APG and NIT data. We can't even lock on to the A3 modulated transponders. We just record the APG and NIT data for our and Gary's analysis routines to create our output files. Gary doesn't have any Genpix receivers that I know of.

Nice! Wait...but how do you know the exact software version number
There are many PIDs on the tranponders that are carrying metadata, not the actual broadcast streams. Besides the many that carry the APG data, there are others that we are able to parse that tell us about the software that is currently on the satellite. The propietary software modules for decoding these metadata binary streams for everything we do was developed by a fellow team member, who remains anonymous.

Nexstar stations going dark! Expect info channels in test!

And this matches exactly with what Tom said a while back:
“I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the stations (Mission and White Knight Broadcasting) to come back. This case is going to go on for a long time. I read through the 51 page court filing, I'm no lawyer, but it seems to me that DirecTV has a pretty good antitrust and collusion case. And if Nexstar doesn't back down, we may lose the Nexstar stations next. DirecTV is suing for triple damages against Nexstar, Mission, and White Knight, claiming anti-competitive practices.”

• Wow
Reactions: Nate.O’Brien
The lineup API includes a "ccId"', which is used to make a seperate call to the authorization API that returns the URLs and DRM tokens if you are authorized to stream that id. That authorization API also includes a "feedId" which doesn't always match the "ccId". Like most of the RSNs, Spanish, International, and "A3 SD" CW and MNT stations have different feedId values compared to their ccId values.
In one of the APIs I did find a bunch of CCIDs for most channels including defunct/removed ones like NBCSN, Olympic, OAN, AWE
But where are the CCIDs/FeedIDs for the testing baseball game feeds for the D-backs, Reds, the testing channels like MeTV, FMC, and the local channels?

Just checked, there is a 28-9 INFO channel "To Be Announced" in the guide. Uh oh!
The slide reads:
This local station is owned or controlled by the nation's largest broadcaster, Nexstar Media Group, and our rights to provide it will potentially expire soon. We're working to reach an agreement with Nexstar that allows you to continue to watch your home teams, local news, and favorite shows whenever you most want them, while also protecting you from major fee increases. Please visit tvpromise.com for more information.
Nexstar seems to not have backed down Tom Speer!

• Wow
Reactions: Nate.O’Brien
It is there for the Albany DMA, but they messed up. They have it on 56-9, when we have no channel 56. It is a slide saying "This local station is controlled by the nation's largest broadcaster, Nexstar Media Group, an our rights to provide it will expire soon..." , etc. Obviously they are referring to our NBC station WNYT, channel 13,.

WNYT isn't owned by Nexstar. It's owned by Hubbard Broadcasting, which is a Minnesota-based company that also owns KSTP Minneapolis, KAAL Rochester/Mason City, WDIO Duluth, and others.
WTEN, ABC channel 10, is owned by Nexstar. (and I still remember the ABC on channel 10 down in Miami, WPLG, as a kid!)