DirecTV Satellite - 95+ bonus channels over streaming?

Entertainment was originally created as the RSN-less non-sports package, but minimum penetration clauses forced them to include ESPN and ESPN2, and then once renewals startted hitting, Fox and NBCU demanded the same treatement for FS1 and the now defunct NBCSN, so they were also added to Entertainment.

On cable it widely varies. Like here for at least the past 2 decades, Blue Ridge has had ESPNEWS and ESPN Classic on their expanded basic lineup, and replaced ESPN Classic with ACCN once ESPN finally pulled the plug 2 years ago. About a decade or so ago ESPN also gave providers the option to have ESPNU and ESPN Classic swap packages, but not all providers took them up on that offer. DIRECTV did in 2010, which is why ESPNU and ESPN Classic swapped channels 208/614 and packages.

Back in the day sports pack had a lot more exclusive channels, but over the years many of them folded (MTN, ESPN Classic, ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater/Bases Loaded), moved to lower packages (CBSSN/College Sports, NBA TV, FS2/Fuel, FanDuel/TVG, Sportsman), or became Spanish/Deportes only channels (FOX Deportes, GolTV).
For whatever reason, I’m getting FS2 and I have the Choice package with no Sports Pack, not Ultimate or Premier packages. I had what was then called the Xtra package until October 2016 if that matters.

For whatever reason, I’m getting FS2 and I have the Choice package with no Sports Pack, not Ultimate or Premier packages. I had what was then called the Xtra package until October 2016 if that matters.
They may have put FS2 in preview mode with the women's World Cup running. Best guess anyway.

No. I’ve been getting it for way longer than that. I’m also getting FXM (only the HD version, not also the SD, also streaming) and LMN (streaming only) even though those aren’t part of my package either.

I don't know if it's available for Internet/Stream customers yet, but the stream for the MLB Network Alternate is now live on the app for satellite customers, although you can only watch the games if you are blacked out of the game on the main channel.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
:(
I thought it would at least show that looping animation (a frame of which you sent a while back when you said it was in testing) that I even once saw a week or two ago after a game on the alt channel before it finally cut to a D* logo slate.

Attachments

• IMG_4468.png
    IMG_4468.png
    640.3 KB · Views: 164
Now that tonight's games are over, the geoblock has been removed so you can see the slate. It has a left channel/right channel audio test, and a ticker at the bottom telling viewers to contact their provider for assistance, since on cable if they ever see the slate, it means the receiver at their system's headend didn't switch back to the main MLBN feed.

Attachments

• MLBaHDT053124Z.jpg
    MLBaHDT053124Z.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 84
  • MLBaHDT053130Z.jpg
    MLBaHDT053130Z.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 80
  • MLBaHDT041624Z.jpg
    MLBaHDT041624Z.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 72
  • MLBaHDT041630Z.jpg
    MLBaHDT041630Z.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 75
Now that tonight's games are over, the geoblock has been removed so you can see the slate. It has a left channel/right channel audio test, and a ticker at the bottom telling viewers to contact their provider for assistance, since on cable if they ever see the slate, it means the receiver at their system's headend didn't switch back to the main MLBN feed.
I’m now getting a different error message when I try to access the alt. feed:

Attachments

• IMG_4472.png
    IMG_4472.png
    970.9 KB · Views: 134
For satellite customers, they now have the MLB Alternate channel redirect to their "There's no broadcast airing at this time" feed during off hours. They also use this feed on Stream/Internet for their part time channels like NBA League Pass Premium and the NBABet stream.

Attachments

• NBASLD.jpg
    NBASLD.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 67
Here's the full list of what's currently only available to satellite subscribers (excluding Mix Channels, Adult channels, and Cinema/Infomercial channels that are just filler when the spare bandwidth isn't needed for part time chanels like RSN alternates):
604 Pursuit (Pay to Play)
608 Stadium College Sports Atlantic (Ceasing on 12/31)
608-1 Stadium College Sports Central (Ceasing on 12/31)
608-2 Stadium College Sports Pacific (Ceasing on 12/31)
604 Pursuit Channel is now available to stream for both Satellite and Stream/Internet customers.

And for those who missed the update, the Stadium College Sports channels will be shutting down on 12/31

604 Pursuit Channel is now available to stream for both Satellite and Stream/Internet customers.

And for those who missed the update, the Stadium College Sports channels will be shutting down on 12/31
Was going to ask if Bally Sports Oklahoma 674 was available via Satellite (it's not on Stream), now I notice that Space City Home Network is in the guide on 674 and appears to be a Houston RSN.

Was going to ask if Bally Sports Oklahoma 674 was available via Satellite (it's not on Stream), now I notice that Space City Home Network is in the guide on 674 and appears to be a Houston RSN.
Bally Sports Oklahoma shows in may guide at channel 675 on DBS, currently showing a high school football game.

The streams for the Bally RSNs and YES use the localized feeds that cable viewers get. Out of region viewers with sports pack get feeds with national filler programming whenever there's a game.

Bally Sports Oklahoma is still technically a subregion of Southwest, so it's only available to in region viewers with Stream as their out of market feed is the same as Bally Sports Southwest's. It's the same with New Orleans (Southwest), Cincinnati (Ohio), Indiana (Midwest) and Kansas City (Midwest).