DiSEq limit setup on receiver - confused...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cybersonic

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2005
On my receiver, in the Antenna Setup menu, there's a function for 'Limit Setup' that allows you to set the East and West limits for the motor. I'm confused how this works. Here's what happened:
- I added a new satellite, and did not set up any limits
- I went to channel search, moved the dish with the motor until it was set correctly, then searched a bunch of channels
- I then went back to Antenna Setup, to set the limits, by moving the dish about 10 'clicks' to the left then set East limit, then 20 clicks to the right to set West limit.
- I then went on searching a bunch of channels on another satellite, moving the dish on the Channel search screen
- when I wanted to go back to search additional channels on the first satellite, the dish didn't move - it's as if it had completely forgotten its settings???

So how am I supposed to use this?
- should I do the Limit setup as the first step after defining a satellite and then never touch it anymore? Am I supposed to move the dish all the way to the East to set the East limit, then all the way to the West to set the West limit, or should I limit it to positions around the actual position of the satellite?
- this Limit setup, this is per satellite, correct? It's not for the complete system I hope?

What is the purpose of this function anyway? Simply to enable the 'Position' button on the remote to do some fine tuning on the fly when watching a channel?

Thx,
Chris.

The receiver limits don't need to be set as most motors also have internal physical limit switches, the only time you would need to use the limits is to save wear and tear on your motor. The real reason for limit switches is to stop the dish moving too far and bumping the mount or a wall........ After you are done setting up the motor (SG2100) and you are happy that you have found true south, use the manual button to move far west and far east to make sure you are not going to hit anything, then you do not need to worry about the receiver limits.

Peter,
thx for the reply. I wasn't going to use this function anyway, until I found that the Position button on the remote doesn't allow me to fine-tune into a channel unless I have set the limits for the satellite in question.
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to live without that ;)
Chris.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts