Dish 1000.2 alingment is getting me nuts already

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

luiv12100

Original poster
May 1, 2006
The facts:
Zip code: 11220
Skew: 129
Dish 1000.2 with 3 dpp lnb (119,110,129)
Currently getting 119 and 129 but missing 110.
Reciever: vip 222 dual tuner
Satellite meter: birdog
The issues:
No matter what strategy i use, i can't seem to lock on 110. I have tried all, at least most of the recomendations given on this site. I have covered 110 and 119 lbns with foil and get a signal on 119 on transponder 11 and even tweaked the dish side to side or make adjustments to the skew but darn 110 bird won't show up. After endless hours of adjustments and frustrations I finally got a lock on 119 and 129 but still can't lock on 110. Obviously I took care of details like getting the pole as label as possible, clearing and running the check switch as many times as needed, recheck my connections, reset the reciever but so far, nothing seems to give me the 110. Any other ideas guys? I will really appreciate the help.

If you're using a birdog and can't get a signal on 110 but you have 119 and 129 then my guess would line of sight issues.

Have you checked your skew to make sure that you have the correct one for your zipcode? For your zipcode it should be 129 for skew and 24 on elevation.

The first 1000.2 the installer tried on my system had a warped reflector. He had suspected it was bad from the previous install and wanted to verify it. It would get all 3 birds but not at the same time. A new dish and LNB worked fine.
You also might have a bad 110 LNB. Can you get any signal from any bird with 119 and 129 covered?

Last edited:
I have had both direct tv and dish network and have set them all up myself and I have to say of all the dishes I've had the 1000.2 was the trickiest to dial right .Although I'm having trouble with this wing dish I'm putting in atm but i believe that to be an lnb issue.with the 1000.2 I was not able to get all 3 due to where I live Ct but even getting a good strong signal on 110 and 119 was tricky seemed like the 1000.2 is much more sensitive to slight movements than others were.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)