Dish 1000 + 61.5 install help

ericcurtis76

Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I've just started researching this and thought I'd ask the knowledgable folks here for some help.

I want to have Dish 1000 and old Dish 500 to pick up 110, 119, 129 & 61.5 and serve three receivers (622 and two 508's). Since only the 622 needs to see 61.5 (for Voom), can I get away with a DP 34 switch and DP 21 switch instead of spending the money for a DP 44?

If anyone can point me to install diagrams for such a situation, that would be very helpful. Thanks.

Eric

Voom is also on 129 so you may not actually need 61.5.

To get four sats on the 622 with a DP34 you'll need two DP21s and two cables to the receiver.

Cascading the dp-34 and the dp -21's wont work for long so dont do it, spend the money to get a dpp-44. The HD channels are on both the 61.5 and the 129 and if all your doing is putting in the 61.5 to get the hd then the 129 is a waste of time unless your locals are on it. The 61.5 will give you a considerably higher strength signal over the 129 sat so I would recommend going with the 61.5 sat if you can.

But still I would not go the route of cascading the two switch types together, its not supported by dish and was part of a recent memo stating that it is not supported and that the switch's will burn out.

I do not know why so many people here recommend the cascading of the DP 21 with the DP34. I tried it and it did not work for me....but, I only had one receiver connected. It worked for about 2 days, then the receiver started rebooting. I called Dish, they sent me another receiver, but the new receiver only saw one satellite.

If you really want four satellites, you need to get a Dpp44.

i have cascaded switches (DP21's and DP34) on my own setup for quite a while, and have never had a problem with it... just my experience with is

ps.... as an installer I can't remember any time i've done it at a customers house, just my own..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts