This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dish 1000 coming to Pittsburgh PA?

glennh73

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 26, 2005
Today i finally had my dish installed and got my FREE Voom Sat hooked up too ( thanks guys), got the 811 for the 52 DLP Toshiba and the 311 for my 25 inch Philips Magnavox and so far i love it( love the Sirius Hair Nation the most).

Anyway when the installer was hooking up the 2 sats i was asking him about the new mpeg4 receivers and he said probably by late fall they will be getting them.
And told him about how it sucks that Pittsburgh market wont be getting the dish 1000 cause of what i read on here and other places.

Well he said that is wrong cause he has a dish 1000 in his truck and he was just trained to install them and even went ahead and used his bird finder and found the 129 sat.

He said that i would have no problem finding it where i live and pointed out where it is and where to move the dish to pick it up. He stated that when he gets the ok he will start installing those instead of dish 500.

The Installer only does 2 counties and that is Armstrong and Indiana which is farther east than Pittsburgh.

Still working out the remote for the 311 and trying to find everything, though when i flip threw the ppv stations it tells me to press enter button to order, i hate that, worried that i can hit the button by accident and stuck ordering something. Anyway around this?

OH i love the pic better on my 311 hooked up to my 25 inch, got it looks so dam good, god i love crts.

didn't realize i had to plug in a phone line. Is that something that is common? And which receiver do i plug into?

Or do i plug in both of them?

If you have a phone line plugged in you can use the caller id feature. Its good for lazy asses like me!!!!. A phone line has to be plugged up to the receiver in which you want to watch the ppv event. If you want to watch it on more than one receiver then the other receivers must be plugged up also and you order the ppv event the same way you did the other receiver. Don't worry, it only charges you once.

i dont have caller ID , so plugging in a phone line to a receiver shouldnt cause any problems then right?

Question though, when they do software updates, do they do that threw the phone line?