Paramount+ coming to DISH?

syphix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
Hulu & Spectrum customers can create a free Paramount+ login if they subscribe to Paramount+ with Showtime (the new Showtime incarnation). DIRECTV says their customers will be able to soon, too.

Could DISH be next?

Nope... the name is confusing as Showtime is changing its name to Paramount + With Showtime... yet on DISH it does not actually include Paramount +, like MAX does with HBO.

Here is a copy of the email from DISH. (And its real confusing)

Your SHOWTIME subscription has rebranded to Paramount+ with SHOWTIME. With your subscription, you'll enjoy the same channels and On Demand content that were included in your SHOWTIME subscription, plus select Paramount+ original series - all at no additional cost.

What you get with your Paramount+ with SHOWTIME subscription:
The same 10 channels packed with hit movies and incredible series: Channels 318-324, 327-328 and 333.
The same SHOWTIME content you know and love, including award-winning new original series like Yellowjackets and The Chi, full series of iconic shows like Billions and Dexter, plus new and classic movies.
Select Paramount+ original series like Halo, Mayor of Kingstown, Star Trek: Discovery, and more (full list in the FAQs below). You can now watch these Paramount+ titles live, On Demand or with DISH Anywhere!

Your Paramount+ with SHOWTIME subscription does not grant you access to the Paramount+ app, but you can still stream your favorite SHOWTIME content and select Paramount+ originals with the DISH Anywhere app.

For more information about Paramount+ with SHOWTIME, please review the frequently asked questions below or go to mydish.com/pplussho.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What has changed?

A:
The name of your SHOWTIME subscription has changed to Paramount+ with SHOWTIME.

Channel 318 (previously “SHOWTIME”) is now “Paramount+ with SHOWTIME”

Channel 319 (previously “SHOWTIME West”) is now “Paramount+ with SHOWTIME West”

You can now watch select Paramount+ original series on Channels 318 & 319, On Demand, or with DISH Anywhere.

Q: Do I now have access to the Paramount+ app?

A:
No, your Paramount+ with SHOWTIME subscription through DISH does not grant you access to the Paramount+ app. You will not be able to use your DISH credentials to sign in to the Paramount+ app, but you can still stream your favorite SHOWTIME content and select Paramount+ originals with the DISH Anywhere app.

Q: What Paramount+ content will I be able to watch with my subscription?

A:
The following Paramount+ titles have been added to your service on DISH and are now available for you to watch live, On Demand, or with DISH Anywhere, with more to come!
Mayor of Kingstown (seasons 1-2)
Halo (season 1)
Star Trek: Discovery (seasons 1-4)
Joe Pickett (seasons 1-2)
Wolf Pack (season 1)
Why Women Kill (seasons 1-2)

Q: Will Paramount Network (Channel 241) rebrand as well?

A:
No, Paramount Network will not be affected. This rebrand only pertains to the add-on package previously known as SHOWTIME.

I'm a bit surprised at that since HULU and SPECTRUM are offering Paramount+ app access to subscribers of Paramount+ with Showtime (and DIRECTV will soon). You would think to stay competitive they'd have to do similarly.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm a bit surprised at that since HULU and SPECTRUM are offering Paramount+ app access to subscribers of Paramount+ with Showtime (and DIRECTV will soon). You would think to stay competitive they'd have to do similarly.
Dish (and Comcast, YTTV) needs to sign a new deal with Paramount to allow this.

DirecTV, Hulu and Spectrum have the deals in place.

They are, kind of. You have access to Paramount+ series via on demand.

Dish (and Comcast, YTTV) needs to sign a new deal with Paramount to allow this.

DirecTV, Hulu and Spectrum have the deals in place.
Edit-YTTV now allows access, I assume the others will soon.

Nope... the name is confusing as Showtime is changing its name to Paramount + With Showtime... yet on DISH it does not actually include Paramount +, like MAX does with HBO.

Here is a copy of the email from DISH. (And its real confusing)

Your SHOWTIME subscription has rebranded to Paramount+ with SHOWTIME. With your subscription, you'll enjoy the same channels and On Demand content that were included in your SHOWTIME subscription, plus select Paramount+ original series - all at no additional cost.

What you get with your Paramount+ with SHOWTIME subscription:
The same 10 channels packed with hit movies and incredible series: Channels 318-324, 327-328 and 333.
The same SHOWTIME content you know and love, including award-winning new original series like Yellowjackets and The Chi, full series of iconic shows like Billions and Dexter, plus new and classic movies.
Select Paramount+ original series like Halo, Mayor of Kingstown, Star Trek: Discovery, and more (full list in the FAQs below). You can now watch these Paramount+ titles live, On Demand or with DISH Anywhere!

Your Paramount+ with SHOWTIME subscription does not grant you access to the Paramount+ app, but you can still stream your favorite SHOWTIME content and select Paramount+ originals with the DISH Anywhere app.

For more information about Paramount+ with SHOWTIME, please review the frequently asked questions below or go to mydish.com/pplussho.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What has changed?

A:
The name of your SHOWTIME subscription has changed to Paramount+ with SHOWTIME.

Channel 318 (previously “SHOWTIME”) is now “Paramount+ with SHOWTIME”

Channel 319 (previously “SHOWTIME West”) is now “Paramount+ with SHOWTIME West”

You can now watch select Paramount+ original series on Channels 318 & 319, On Demand, or with DISH Anywhere.

Q: Do I now have access to the Paramount+ app?

A:
No, your Paramount+ with SHOWTIME subscription through DISH does not grant you access to the Paramount+ app. You will not be able to use your DISH credentials to sign in to the Paramount+ app, but you can still stream your favorite SHOWTIME content and select Paramount+ originals with the DISH Anywhere app.

Q: What Paramount+ content will I be able to watch with my subscription?

A:
The following Paramount+ titles have been added to your service on DISH and are now available for you to watch live, On Demand, or with DISH Anywhere, with more to come!
Mayor of Kingstown (seasons 1-2)
Halo (season 1)
Star Trek: Discovery (seasons 1-4)
Joe Pickett (seasons 1-2)
Wolf Pack (season 1)
Why Women Kill (seasons 1-2)

Q: Will Paramount Network (Channel 241) rebrand as well?

A:
No, Paramount Network will not be affected. This rebrand only pertains to the add-on package previously known as SHOWTIME.
The info we were given was confusing...it really needs to be worded better, as most people who see "Includes Paramount+" will...yunno...assume they're getting the Paramount+ app.

Are they offering the FULL Paramount+ catalog and app access, or select programming (like DISH)? This thread on Reddit is saying it’s just select:
You did not read it correctly, it says - this new channel will also air select Paramount+ programing.

You get the full catalog via the streaming service, not on the channel.

I’ve read poor reviews. Of course, everybody can get poor reviews.

Looking at it, it appears to be CBS shows, CBS news, some Paramount movies and some sports. None of which interest me.

I’ve read poor reviews. Of course, everybody can get poor reviews.

Looking at it, it appears to be CBS shows, CBS news, some Paramount movies and some sports. None of which interest me.

It's CBS shows, CBS News, Paramount Movies, original series (some are terrific: "1883" and "Strange New Worlds", in particular), Nickelodeon, MTV, Smithsonian Channel, BET, and Comedy Central. The upper tier gets you Showtime and your live CBS channel.

It's CBS shows, CBS News, Paramount Movies, original series (some are terrific: "1883" and "Strange New Worlds", in particular), Nickelodeon, MTV, Smithsonian Channel, BET, and Comedy Central. The upper tier gets you Showtime and your live CBS channel.
Plus Live Feeds of Showtime ( and CBS) in 1080P, on demand content in 1080P or 4K with Dolby Vision.

Like Peacock, sports looks great on the service, all in 1080P.

I purchased a year for $50 but was very disappointed when I couldn't watch on my H3.
That is what a Roku is for….or a Fire device….or Apple TV….or Nvidia Shield….or your Smart TV….or your……………….

That is what a Roku is for….or a Fire device….or Apple TV….or Nvidia Shield….or your Smart TV….or your……………….
I understand that but any of those would be far more cumbersome than selecting an app on the H3 like can be done for Netflix or YouTube. Ease of use you know not counting the cost of the extra device.