Dish 1000

sceavis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2005
Hi I live in the north east. I was thinking about getting the dish 1000 so I do not need 2 dishes to get the voom channels.Can somebody tell me the azimuth and elevation of the new 129? So I can see if I am in the clear in my area before i get the dish!Thanks

This sounds like the SuperDish all over again where it could not receive a signal in certain parts of the country.

JPointerWI said:
it's not the fault of the dish, it's the satellites that dont have a footprint large enough to cover the entire country.
Techinally it does, but that is from 110 or 119. 129 pushes the Eastern boundary further west, cutting off New England and southern tips of Florida and Texas since those southern tips of the beam are also pushed west.

Trying to pull in 129 the other day, I found out that York, PA is outside the footprint :(

Most of the east coast will not be able to receive it,DC, MD, PA and any state further north are outside the footprint, anyone else will have a low look angle
If you live in FL, forget it, you are outside the footprint
If you live south of San Antonio texas, you are outside the footprint.

CORRECTION - That should be EAST OF DC, MD, PA, ie new england area

Im in lower mich in the mid of the state and i get it just fine on 129 with a signal of 86-103 that is what im using for my voom channals and im outside of he footprint.

JIGGIEFLY said:
Im in lower mich in the mid of the state and i get it just fine on 129 with a signal of 86-103 that is what im using for my voom channals and im outside of he footprint.

MI is fully within the footprint, by north of PA I ment new england area, I guess thats really east not north.

The DC area has a 20 degree LOS for the 129, and it gets lower as you go northeast. Didn't Scott manage to get it in Conn? Also, I've nailed the 148 out here at 6 degrees, but this was at the top of a 3000 foot mountain(or hill as Simon would call it) with no trees in the way. Also, our friends in Alaska and PR are getting signals with larger dishes at 10 degree angles.

As for the DC DMA, due to the fact that it is the 6th largest, I would imagine that it would get moved to the 110 one E* 10 goes up with the rest of the top 15 DMAs. Also, this 129 could be a stopgap, and they may move channels off the 110 and 119 to the 129 to free up space on the them and to get the entire DMAs on the same location to be fully compliant with the FCC rules. They would have to wait until all the subs in thse DMAs have D1000s tho. Also, when E*10 goes up, they may move some sats around and move one of the smaller spot beam sats to the 129. Say move one from the 110 to the 119 and then 1 from the 119 to the 129 and start reusing more of the space. Remember, E* only has a lease on 16 of the transponders after 2008 or 2009 unless they can get the FCC to allow them the use of all of them.

Yup I got it here in Connecticut, but most folks won't so they are trying to save time and money by not even attempting to install it in these areas.

Can you replace the DPP Twin lnb that comes with it with two single/dual DP lnb's? For continued use with DP-34 switches? Or are you stuck with the twin that comes with it?

HookedOnTV said:
Can you replace the DPP Twin lnb that comes with it with two single/dual DP lnb's? For continued use with DP-34 switches? Or are you stuck with the twin that comes with it?
You should have no problem doing that - I'm going to for my second customer D1000 install tomorrow.

Oh - and in case it's not clear, the footprint issue isn't the satellite's fault either. The earth is round (more or less). Do the math.

GRG said:
Is anyone offering the stand-alone dish 1000 without LNB's yet?
and

SimpleSimon said:
Sure - no problem. $50 plus shipping.

But I gotta ask - Why?

Are you SURE that's what you want to do?
In my case, that'd be a great idea. Having more than one dish has never
passed the WAF test. I've already swung my Dish 300 (pointing to 148)
over to 129, and it works great (took less time to re-point it than it did
to get out the ladder!). I'd just use my existing DP Twin and DP Single
LNB, and use my 34 switch like I'm already doing.

The only thing stopping me is waiting until the 27th to see if must-carry
DMAs will get free 1000s, or will cost $100. If it is a $100, I'd love to get
a blank 1000.

SimpleSimon said:
Sure - no problem. $50 plus shipping.

But I gotta ask - Why?

Are you SURE that's what you want to do?

Ditto that of RTC dude. My wife wants one dish on the roof. Right now I have a 500 @110/119 & a 300 @ 129 that I just moved from 148 with a DPP single. I just pop off the old LNB's and bingo. (I already ordered the 1000 with LNB's for $99... how do you go wrong at that price. Now I'll have some spares).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)