Dish 211 vs 411

guffy1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Traverse City, MI
Can anyone explain to me if there any huge differences between the 211 and the 411..Mostly Im concerned about the HD PQ differences between the 2 boxes...

Is one known to be much better PQ wise over the other?

Thanks!

bgilga said:
Guffy??????? You love Directv so much, you can't stop thinking about them.

Yes, I love Directtv

Pixelation parties are awesome baby !!!!!!!!!

Oh oops, I forgot, me and the other half dozen people I know with constant pixelation via D* all have install/equipment issues :) Silly me ! :D

guffy1 said:
Can anyone explain to me if there any huge differences between the 211 and the 411..Mostly Im concerned about the HD PQ differences between the 2 boxes...

Thanks!

Yes guff, the 211 has a horrible picture and the 411 has a terrible picture with Dish :devil: Now the H10 and H20 with DirecTV have great picture :D

Only difference I've seen is the Ethernet port. Everything else is the same between the 211 and the 411.

guffy1 said:

Thanks!

Besides that the ViP211 is still being mfg and the 411 is not? Possibilities exist that there will not be firmware fixes available for the 411 soon... E* tends to slowly drop support on out of date IRDs.

visiter555 said:
Besides that the ViP211 is still being mfg and the 411 is not? Possibilities exist that there will not be firmware fixes available for the 411 soon... E* tends to slowly drop support on out of date IRDs.
Actually, the 211 and 411 both use the same firmware.

I would consider them to be the same, except that many years from now when E* starts doing video on demand over internet (pay per view) the 411 won't do it.

BTW, I have a 411 for sale in the classified forum if your looking for one. I used it two months while waiting for a 622.

I work at my dealers as well as install. I asked sales @ echostar what the difference was and they said the usb port, I asked what is it for, they said "don't know, probably future use".

visiter555 said:

As stated earlier they run the same firmware.

Your statement the E* will no longer update firmware on older units is not correct. E* has updated the firmware on all receivers at least once since 2006 started except the 6000 (11/17/2005) & the WEBTV CLIENT (8/30/2005)

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/customerCare/technical/software_versions/index.asp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)