dish 500 pointing dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sg9999

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
To tweek the signal on a 500....you need to access the cable close to the dish.... but it disappears into the square column that holds the LNB on.... You dont really want to cut it do you..?? They say have a solid cable run all the way to the reciever.. how do you access the cable??? pics..??

I dont know where that is... do I have to take off one of the plastic shrouds..??? Pics...or diagram

Assuming you have some kind of signal meter, your best bet is to remove the two screws holding the LNB in place and running a jumper cable back up the square tube and hooking it to the LNB. When you are done, just undo the jumper and reconnect the original cable. I know it's a pain, but it's better than cutting the cable.

thanks for info I have the 500 DP plus Only 1 coax going there,not 2. how many ports am I going to see in there?? which one do I use..
or is it the one that the coax is attached to...? what about if I had a dual analog meter??
I am going to use one of those 20$ cheapies from Saudon

Once you have the LNB off, you will see 2 ports on one side and one port by itself. You are only concerned with the two that are together. Leave the original cable plugged in and attach your jumper to the port beside it. Also leave the receiver plugged in so it will power the LNB, that $20 meter probably doesn't have enough guts to power the LNB.

Once you get everything hooked up and the LNB back in place, stand behind the dish and put your hands on opposite sides of the dish and gently 'tweak' it side to side (don't bend it!). If the signal strength rises (one direction or another), you know you can adjust it that direction. Then do the same on the top and bottom.

if I leave the original plugged in, what is going to power the meter??I have to plug the only coax into the meter and
then a jumper to the LNB.. BUT... then do you put the LNB on and tweek..??
if I wanted to put a permanent jack next to the Dish to make this easier in the future... is that ok... even though it means breaking the coax before it gets to the receiver.?? do they make a kinda junction box/port for signal testing
???? If I could get a link to a pic of the LNB off and meter attached, that would help..
thanks

Digital Home Protection Plan will cost you $5.99 under it a service call is $29.99. From your exhibited understanding of a satellite system you will be money ahead to use it then watch the installer and learn from him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)