Dish 500+ Skew if only using 118.7 LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjruby

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
Nazareth, PA
I presently have an eastern arc 1000.4 dish installed.

I plan to install a 500+ dish to pickup the international channels on 118.7, connecting the 118.7 LNB on the 500+ into the LNB IN port on the 1000.4.

For my zip code, the installation manual for the 500+ recommends the following dish pointing angles: AZ = 247, EL = 26, SK = 126.

Since I am only using the 118.7 LNB on the 500+, I was planning on setting the skew on the 500+ to 90 rather than the recommended 126.

Are there any pros or cons to doing that?

Would it impact my azimuth and elevation settings?

Thanks,

Bob

Set SK at 90 deg, Use EL and AZ for a dish 300 pointed at 119. get a good signal on the 119 side of the 118/119 LNB, switch to 118 side and fine tune dish for best signal.

Last edited:
Set SK at 90 deg, Use EL and AZ for a dish 300 pointed at 119. get a good signal on the 119 side of the 118/119 LNB, switch to 118 side and fine tune dish for best signal.

Thanks.

I'll give that a try as soon as the snow melts on the side of my house and the temperature get a little warmer.

Well I finally installed the 500+ dish yesterday for 118.7 using your recommendations and it works great.

I replaced the backing structure/skew assembly on the 500+ with one from a 1000.4 and that made the fine tuning a breeze.

Thanks for your help.

How did you get a .4 assembly to bolt up to a + reflector? I didn't think that the bolt pattern was the same?

Bolt pattern isn't the same, but you can drill it out. The whole 1k4 assembly is designed to be compatible with the 500+ LNB so you could just use another 1k4 since you don't need to catch other sats on the sides.

vash1090 said:
Bolt pattern isn't the same, but you can drill it out. The whole 1k4 assembly is designed to be compatible with the 500+ LNB so you could just use another 1k4 since you don't need to catch other sats on the sides.

Doesnt the actual part of the polar plate that attatches to the mast fit the part if the polar plate that attatches to the reflector? By just unscrewing the bolts that hold those 2 parts together?

dahenny said:
How did you get a .4 assembly to bolt up to a + reflector? I didn't think that the bolt pattern was the same?

Take the 4 slew bolts out on each dish and they are interchangeable, so you put the .4 fitter on the back of the "+" dish. It's pretty sweet. Don't drill anything out!

Take the 4 slew bolts out on each dish and they are interchangeable, so you put the .4 fitter on the back of the "+" dish. It's pretty sweet. Don't drill anything out!

Sweet. I'm using a 1k.5, and would really love the 1k.4 skew plate assembly on it, with the fine tuning adjustments.

I changed out the skew plate a little while ago, and now have a 1k.5 with the 1k.4 fine tuning hardware. VERY NICE! Thanks guys! :D

Dish has new skew plates out for the 500+ now. They look just like the K4. Now if they would just put out the integrated 500+ LNB the've been talking about for a year now, it would eliminate the switch and make the install much easier!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Dish has new skew plates out for the 500+ now. They look just like the K4. Now if they would just put out the integrated 500+ LNB the've been talking about for a year now, it would eliminate the switch and make the install much easier!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
and give them another reason to drop our pay.

HIFI said:
and give them another reason to drop our pay.

They will drop our pay for the install.....but, if the customer doesn't have high speed internet and you can hack the neighbors, bonus bonus bonus!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts