Dish 500 w/2 dual LNB to 3 receivers?

Jagergeek

Original poster
Apr 3, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I've googled til my eyes are crossed and can't get a clear answer on this...

I'm moving to a new house and will be taking my Dish 500 (2 dual LNB), 2 SW21 switches and 2 legacy receivers with me.

The new house only has 1 RG6 run to each room - all terminating outside the house.

Ideally, I'd like to add a third receiver and a multi-switch to integrate off-air antenna across the same RG6 (split out with a diplexor).

It looks like an SW44 will do the trick, but doesn't integrate an Antenna input like some of the multi-switches do.

1) Is there a way to get 3 receivers on my dish? (I only care about 110 and 119 for now)
2) Is there a way to inject the off air antenna onto the same RG6?

Any help/advice is appreciated!

Thanks,

The SW44 will work fine. However, I would not use a diplexor(which is a requirement with all E* made switches since they don't have an OTA port. There is one company that makes a DP34 type switch with an OTA on it, but I don't remember who off the top of my head) on port 1 since it has about 24-28Volts on it. Or, you could just get a 500 Quad and replace the duals. Then you would not need to fool with a power inserter and it will be a cleaner install. Also, if you have all DP receivers you can use a DP Quad instead.

I would just put on a Legacy Quad and just use diplexers in each line for your OTA, or get a Legacy 64 Switch, and again, diplex the OTA signals....
If you went with a DP34 you would have to get DishPro adapters for the legacy recievers...

Legacy Quad is the way to go for now - but start thinking about retiring those legacy boxes. Remember - used DP 301 receivers can be had for $50 each.

I would NOT bother with an SW44 or SW64.

Or maybe it's time to just replace the whole thing with a new account. ;) ;)
DP+ Twin, 522 DVR or 322 dumb box for the main, 510 or 301/311 for the third room - or even a 322 for 2 additional non-DVR rooms. If you qualify under DHA, the whole thing can be done with as little as $0 down.

New address...

"Or maybe it's time to just replace the whole thing with a new account"

I can't believe I didn't think of that!
I'll be at a whole new address and zip code!

I really wanted to stay with Dish - and I know they aren't very generous to existing customers. This may make things very simple indeed. :smug

Phone number & such...

I have two phone lines - but I can't remember which one I used to sign up.
And I never connect it to the current receivers because we never do pay per view movies.
I guess I'll call them and ask what number is on my account.
Also, do the new receivers HAVE to be connected ALL the time, or just during setup?

SS#...hmmmm, I don't recall them asking for that (signed up in 1998). Outside of the medical industry I thought you couldn't ask for someone's SS#...but I guess they do.
Couldn't I just give them another family member's?
For that matter - is that number used for anything that actually "looks up" data? Seems like you could just make one up - or use a deceased relative's.

Does the Digital Home Advantage package include any installation? I couldn't find mention of it on their web site.

I wouldn't be scheming like this if Dish would give me some reasonable discount for upgrading - my understanding is they'll give you zero, nothing, nada...

I think those of us that signed up in the early years could get the NEW customer deals if we were to move because Dish never asked for anything other then our name, address and phone number, so they dont know of any other info like SS#, CC# like they ask from new customers now.

Interesting one there, when we signed up here my mom had to do it because at that moment I *just* turned 18 and didn't have a credit rating.. Now I do, and because of my screwed up signup (which canceled), they've sent me a half dozen things saying I could get it ;)

Which is just what I'll do!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)