Dish 625 and a 1000.4 dish will it work?

rvn4fun

Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
southern south dakota
Hi I have a dish 625 dp plus at home and a different dish reciever out in our rv. I want to take the above mentioned reciever out to the camper and use it as we travel. I have a old reciever out there right now using a portable dish twin dish. My dealer said that to use the 625 and get the one wire to run into the rv I would have to purchase a 1000 dish so I did. I purchased a 1000.4 Turbo HD off of a auction site. My question now is will it work. I would like to just run one cable into the rv. My other question is after reading the forum, I might have to point it a different satellites then I am used to now I use 119 and 110. Is this correct. I have used Dish for years with the rv and manually point it several times a year as we move around the country, but I am not familiar with the newer systems. I sure like the dvr feature on the 625 as well as being able to watch seaperate channels. I like football wife doesn't and rv quarters are small. Thanks for some help.

No, the 625 won't work with the 1000.4. In order to use that dish you'll have to get a MPEG-4 receiver (Any of the VIP series receivers). The 1000.4 receives satellites 72, 77 and 61.5, it's a good choice if you use your RV mostly in the east. The other option is the 1000.2 dish, it will work with your 625 and uses satellites 110, 119, and 129.

Further question

Thanks for the response! Will the 1000.2 dish give me the one wire application from the dish to the reciver, that I am looking for? I will just resell the 1000.4 without unpacking it then. We are in South Dakota now and will venture south to Texas and maybe some day Arizona looking for jobs to supplemeant retiremeant. Thanks

Why not just use a Dish 500?
The 625 is only SD anyway.
So whats the point of having a 1000.4 or 1000.2?
They make a Dish 500 with a Pro Plus LNB for single wire use.

Thanks for the response! Will the 1000.2 dish give me the one wire application from the dish to the reciver, that I am looking for? I will just resell the 1000.4 without unpacking it then. We are in South Dakota now and will venture south to Texas and maybe some day Arizona looking for jobs to supplemeant retiremeant. Thanks

Yes, the 1000.2 would be a good choice for you. It will work with one cable, you just need to get a DPP separator and install it at the receiver. Here's the separator you need DISH NETWORK DPP SEPERATOR SIGNAL SEPARATOR PRO PLUS - eBay (item 280351976996 end time Jun-28-09 18:12:16 PDT)

Or, like Hemi said, a dish 500 with a Dish Pro Plus LNB and the separator will work too. Just make sure you get the Dish Pro PLUS Lnb

Wow what a can of worms!

I thought this would be so easy! Right now I have this 625 installed on the house with a old dish 500 dish, when I purchased the new 625 the dealer installed a dp plus head on it and ran 2 cables into the then new 625, so if I am reading this right I could pull that dp plus head off and get this seperater and I would be in business installing on my rv field setup where I am using a dish twin and a old 3000 reciever. I have several new, never used, dish switches, that almost look like this seperature thing. I have been with Dish a long time, at least back until 1997. Now for the big question, and I do thank you all for your help, what is the best way to go for the best picture quality excetra?

for travel i would suggest the 500 over the 1000.2 simply for the ease of locking in fewer satellites. use the money savings to buy a simple outside meter for pointing the dish

for travel i would suggest the 500 over the 1000.2 simply for the ease of locking in fewer satellites. use the money savings to buy a simple outside meter for pointing the dish
I would too, Smaller and much easier to set up,and they are a dime a dozon on ebay, even with Pro Plus LNB's. If you had an HD setup , That would be a different story.

If you're going to use the 625 in the RV, SD only, then the dish 500 with the DPP LNB will work just fine. Picture quality will not be any better with either of the other dishes unless you upgrade to HD.

Just make sure the LNB the dealer installed on the house is a Dish Pro Plus LNB and not just a Dish Pro Lnb. I don't understand why he would install a Dish Pro Plus lnb, and then run two cables to the receiver.

those seperator things rvn for fun has are likely 21 switches and no they wont work. he should use the 500, the ease of aligning the dish is no comparison. only advantage to the 100o.4 is the higher elivation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)