Dish 722k Pause or Cancel For 5 Months

CatTV

Original poster
Nov 3, 2018
Midwest
In 2022 we paused our Dish service for 5 months, which allowed us to keep the equipment and use the DVR for local channels. ( We paused due to the increase costs and waited till football season to start back up.) Curious if Dish is requiring us to return 722k receivers in 2023? If we cancelled instead of pausing, would they allow us to hook back up with the 722k or insist on selling us a new updated receiver? Anyone have any experience with this? I noticed the previous threads on this subject were at least 4 years old, wanted an answer more current.

Reactions: navychop
In 2022 we paused our Dish service for 5 months, which allowed us to keep the equipment and use the DVR for local channels. ( We paused due to the increase costs and waited till football season to start back up.) Curious if Dish is requiring us to return 722k receivers in 2023? If we cancelled instead of pausing, would they allow us to hook back up with the 722k or insist on selling us a new updated receiver? Anyone have any experience with this? I noticed the previous threads on this subject were at least 4 years old, wanted an answer more current.
If you don't own your 722 you will have to return it to Dish when you cancel.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Good timing on this question....I'm on Pause right now and am going to be canceling DISH this month, and I also have a leased 722k. I imagine they will want the receiver back but I will find out when I make the call.

Good timing on this question....I'm on Pause right now and am going to be canceling DISH this month, and I also have a leased 722k. I imagine they will want the receiver back but I will find out when I make the call.
Please let me know the response you get. I'm still subscribed until the end of college basketball season.

Please let me know the response you get. I'm still subscribed until the end of college basketball season.
It took some hoops to jump through but I got my service canceled (verified by logging into my account). At first, the CSR said they were sending a box to send back the receiver but when he saw what I had (722k) he said recycle it and the remotes. I'm supposed to get an Email in the next 72 hours verifying that I can recycle the 722k.....I was told I can't pass on the receiver or its components to anyone else.

If you cancel and they say you owe money and you don't owe money because you're not in contract (I'm not), stick to saying that you're canceling out of Pause and that you don't owe them money.

I was an 18 year customer of DISH. I liked it but money talks and what I have moved to for streaming is cheaper and has more channels of what I like to watch. My wife is ambivalent about the TV service.

It took some hoops to jump through but I got my service canceled (verified by logging into my account). At first, the CSR said they were sending a box to send back the receiver but when he saw what I had (722k) he said recycle it and the remotes. I'm supposed to get an Email in the next 72 hours verifying that I can recycle the 722k.....I was told I can't pass on the receiver or its components to anyone else.

If you cancel and they say you owe money and you don't owe money because you're not in contract (I'm not), stick to saying that you're canceling out of Pause and that you don't owe them money.

I was an 18 year customer of DISH. I liked it but money talks and what I have moved to for streaming is cheaper and has more channels of what I like to watch. My wife is ambivalent about the TV service.
I'll try pausing again this year. Last year it cost a little more than $5/month. They did slap me with a $5 additional charge when I reactivated as I lost my loyalty discount to the DVR for pausing.