Dish 942 DVR Compatible w/Humax DRT800 DVR-DVD?

edp

Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
I have a DishNetwork 942 DVR Receiver that I can hook up to my 2 HDTV Plasma TV's for HighDef(HD) or StdDef (SD) viewing.

What I want to try to do is connect the Humax -Tivo DRT800 DVR-DVD with the Dish 942 so that I can choose to record shows to either the Dish 942 or the Humax DRT800. With this capability, I can then record SD shows directly to the Humax DVR-DVR and then 'burn' the show directly to a DVD (Dish 942 does not have burning capability) from the Humax.

Humax said the DRT800 was compatible with the Dish 942, but I would have to record shows and burn DVDs directly from the Huma:mad:and I would need the Tivo service to do this). They said I could not burn recorded shows that reside on the Dish 942, nor could I transfer shows from Dish 942 to the Humax for DVD burning.

1) Is there a way to hookup these 2 DVR's together so that I can manually 'seperate' each and/or select which DVR I want to record a show on?

If this is doable, I can then use the Humax to burn DVDs and also use it as my main DVD/CD and MP3 player and use the Dish 942 as my main DVR for recording shows that I dont need to burn DVD's for.

Thanks for your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts