DISH 942 OTA & TV2 Combined ?

unislick

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
I assume by combing the TV2 signal (non-HD) and the OTA signal that you will only pull non-HD channels from the OTA...correct? How do the OTA channels integrate with the satellite guide on TV2 or do they?

I have two HD tvs and one Dish 942. I have 2 separate OTA tuners (indoor) that work just fine to pull all my local HD channels. I have one OTA going directly into the 942 and would like to figure out a way to watch HD channels (using 1st OTA plugged into 942 or 2nd OTA) using super home node or something else in addition to the satellite channels coming from TV2. Any suggestions???

I do not subscribe to DISH HD so all I want is to watch HD locals on each TV in addition to the satellite programming.

Thoughts??

Thanks

unislick

Do you already have the TV2 signal at your second tv?

If not then you will either need to connect a separate line from your 942 TV2 output to the second tv, or use 2 diplexers to combine and de-combine the TV2 signal and send it to the second TV.

Once you have the TV2 signal cable at your second tv, then a simple RF splitter/combiner with the OTA antenna cable will do the trick - however:
- The OTA channels will be in HD but will not be integrated into your satellite guide. In fact they will be on a separate television channels from your satellite.
- Make sure your 942 is configured to output TV2 on a UHF channel instead of a CATV channel and make sure that this channel number does not conflict with any local channels that you are receiving through the antenna

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)