Dish 942

beliveauj

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 17, 2006
:confused: I bought a new 942 before checking on different models.As being new to HD will I be happy or think I wasted my money.It sould be here in a few days so should I look forward to it coming or wish it weren't?Thanks Jim

You may be happy depending on the price. Can you use it for HD is the question with their new rules.

Well you guys didn't make me feel any better.I got the wrong receiver and paid to much money.Wish I wouldn't have done it but as my Dad used to say(Wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up faster)At least my wife will not see what you wrote.Thanks Jim

well i think some may be being a little harsh. On ebay there is a 942 going for $305 and 2 others at around $200, as i write this.
Also the 942 is rock solid. It's major draw back is it doesn't receive the new HD channels and i believe you cant activate it unless you already had a HD package, which you didn't say.
So at worst you could try eBay, and get some of your money back at best you could activate a fine receiver.

He can activate it as an sd receiver and still receive OTA locals in HD if his locals are broadcasting in digital yet. If later he got a vip series hd receiver and activated it then the 942 would be able to get the old hd channels that are not tagged as mpeg4 yet.

As of a month ago you could activate it and pay the higher price of the new hd package but of course only receive the mpeg2 channels even if you did not have any other hd receiver. I had checked this out with disnetwork and then I gave my in laws my 811 and set them up.

Dish Said No!

Called Dish after reading your replys(should have done this first)and they said no I couldn't have any HD channels.I listed it back on EBay hoping I get most of my money back.Thanks for all the info,Jim

beliveauj said:
Called Dish after reading your replys(should have done this first)and they said no I couldn't have any HD channels.I listed it back on EBay hoping I get most of my money back.Thanks for all the info,Jim

If you joined satelliteguys, you could list in classifieds here too. The poeple on here are more likely to be able to make use of it, but are also likely to not offer highest bid :p Just a thought,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)